LA Bolt 250.1 = JL audio 10w6 help plz.

Username: Krnricebowl57

Post Number: 1
HI, i have a Lightning audio bolt b2 250.1 amp. its a monoblock. specs can be found at: http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=495B22501

and also i have a JL audio 10w6.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs_pages.php?page_id=15

just click 10w6.

the deal is i think the 10w6 runs 300 watts rms. and the amp does 150 watts rms at 4 ohms, and 250 watts rms at 2 ohms. so if i wire the sub in parallel it should run 3 ohm load since its a dual 6 ohm voice coil. i was wondering would this be wise? in theory the amp should put out somewhere between 150 - 250 watts rms but im not sure about peak power of both the amp and the sub. I would rather not blow the sub up since its discontinued and hard to find.

the quesiton is how should i wire it up? or is the amp to powerful. right now i have a 1000 watts rms audiobahn 12" on the amp, since i came across it at a good price. i knoe the amp doesn't put enough power to the sub so im afraid i might damage it up, since amp running at full power won't even reach the sub's rms.

ahhh im going crazy... help me plz.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1930
no get a better amp

Post Number: 2
well the whole point of the post was, is the amp too powerful or weak for the jl audio 10w6 if i wire it in parallel. will i blow the sub?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1932
even with that old w6, that amp you have is not enough power.... therefore get a better amp, your not even going to send 150w to that sub,

Post Number: 3
sorry if i have a lot of queestions, may be because im n00b at this. but does peak power not take into any matter?

the peak power of the amp is 700 x 1 and i do not know the peak power of the 10w3. but i would guess it would be less than 700.

so what you're saying is, the amp is not powerful enough? although the peak power is 700. amp peak power > sub peak?

Silver Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 118
you can coonect it like that but you would only get 150-200rms power to the sub. you might as well hook the amp you got now but if i were you i will save for a new amp. and no peak power dosent matter rms is what matters.

Post Number: 4
what exactly is rms? i looked it up it gave me some explainations but i don't completely understand. something about continuous power?

also what exactly is the point of peak power then?

what about a JBL bp 150.1 .

i had 3 Jl 10w6's connected to it before in parallel. it pounded super hard harder than my friends 600 watt system eventhough the amp is 150 max.

would the jbl bp 150.1 amp be better or the LA b2 250.1 amp be better in this situation. I am also looking for a good amp for this setup. any recommendations.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1943
I have a JL 250/1 for $165 deliverd and it will be enough for that sub, it will send the 250 or more to that sub on a 30hm load....

Silver Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 119
i dont like explaining the whole rms thing...... what's your budget and ill see if i can find a good amp for it I will give that sub at least 400 watts rms. Always look for a amp that say rms or continous power dont pay attention to max ratings. the jbl is not powerful enough either.

Post Number: 6
i doubt i can afford anything now. i'd have to wait til my next paycheck. but i was looking at the jl 250/1. or can you recommend any other good brands

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 511
if you don't wanna spend to mucho, go with some profile amp, RMS is like the real watts you will get from speakers/subs/amp, is more complicated but now you understand what it means, your amp is weak for that subs and the peak power doesn't counts. Another amp would be PG 400.1 cuz your sub is 6 ohm.

Post Number: 7
i was looking at JBL CS200.1 . why does peak power matter? i don't see how it takes in to account. then how do people blow their subs? also i was looking to wire in parallel, wouldn't that be 3 ohms? since its dual 6 ohms
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us