SQL subs around $300

Username: Nightstriker21

Tampa, FL United States

Post Number: 8
I was wondering if anyone had any input as to what a good 12" SQL sub for around the $300 price range is. As of now I'm thinking of running between 1100 and 1300 watts, so please keep that in mind. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1376
you should be able to get a sx for that much or maybe a idmax off of ebay

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1988
you could get 2 12'' diamond d6's from www.sonicelectronix.com

Tampa, FL United States

Post Number: 9
bump

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1639
do you want 1 sub or 2 and 1100-1300wrms at what ohm load.

Tampa, FL United States

Post Number: 10
at 1 ohm. and I really have no preference as to whether its 2 subs or 1, whatever sounds the best and still manages to get loud.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1642
2 RE se's or 2 AA arsenals, or 1 RE sx or 1 AA havoc, i'd go havoc 12 or 15 ported, theres a guy one here that used to have a sx and the havoc and said he had to get rid of the havoc and use the sx cause the havoc was too loud.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1385
"theres a guy one here that used to have a sx and the havoc and said he had to get rid of the havoc and use the sx cause the havoc was too loud."

and which guy would this be

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1386
and by the way 1 havoc is 425 not 300 you could get a arsenal for 189 i believe it is right now so if you could afford a little bit more you could get 2 of those but it will take a couple of weeks cause they are backordered thats why they are so cheap

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1646
isn't baseball87 selling his havoc cause its too loud, and didn't he have the ava and sx before.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2553
also look into Treo SSi. stereorama is located on gulf to bay blvd in clearwater so you could go check them out. the guy there is pretty cool.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6550
Spend an extra 100 and get a comp X

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1389
oh i dont know about baseball i thought he was happy with it lol

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5635
yeah baseball is selling his havoc and amp. He said it was too loud and he wants to maintain his hearing. I believe he is selling it for a good deal you should contact him.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1392
isnt that the point behind that sub its a spl woofer lol if he didnt want loud jw why did he get i not to be mean lol

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5636
well when he bought it no one had heard them yet. He was one of the first on here to test it out. It isnt a SPL driver its a SQL driver that apparently gets very loud. He said it was much louder then his sx and 2 se's and avalanche.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1393
oh just heard it was there spl driver so thats why i thought it was

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5637
The Havoc is Ascendant Audio's flagship statement. Clean and controlled, it handles anything that you throw at it and then some. This subwoofer also has the ability to play insanely loud. It overwhelms with its bone-crushing output and rock solid build quality. Even so, we didn't forget about sound quality.

Build quality is as good as it gets. The design is based around a large 3 inch diameter voice coil and a huge motor utilizing all high-tolerance machined steel parts. It uses dual spaced spiders to keep the cone and voice coil from rocking even when pushed to extreme levels. This allows the Havoc to achieve a tight, powerful magnetic gap as well as high reliability at the kind of playback levels it craves. Woven tinsel leads further prevent any noise or failures. At this level of performance, every design element must be precise and downright overbuilt. We have not overlooked a single detail.

Unlike most every other SPL oriented subwoofer, the Havoc is still optimized for sound quality. To step it up to the next level, it has been equipped with dual aluminum shorting rings. One ring is located on top of the pole piece while the other lines the entire inner diameter of the magnets. These help the Havoc achieve a very low inductance of 1.1 mH. The second shorting ring also works as a heat sink. It helps transfer voice coil heat out to the top and bottom plates, which effectively keeps things cool.

Beyond its outstanding build quality, another huge advantage that the Havoc exhibits is its high sensitivity. At 91 dB 1W/1M it is a full 3+ dB louder than any of our other subwoofers with the same power. The Havoc will supply very high output with almost any amplifier. What makes it downright dangerous is that it can handle huge amounts of power. Combine its high sensitivity with a 1000 watt amplifier, and you will find out why this driver had to be called the Havoc.

The Havoc is undoubtedly the best driver we have ever produced. It has the high output capabilities of SPL subwoofers, but not the sonic drawbacks. You no longer have to settle for mediocre sound quality in order to get extreme high output. Designed to play ridiculously loud and still sound crystal clear, this subwoofer design is truly one of a kind. The Havoc gives you everything. If you want to get loud, you have to wreak Havoc ...

Bronze Member
Username: Paps

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 31
What about the Kicker CompVX's? I ordered a pair of 10's for like $290. I haven recieved them yet so I dont know how they sound but I heard they were good SQL subs.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6555
that is a great price for them, make sure u have enough power for them

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2197
i have the havoc and i have never been more impressed at any woofer ever guys.
i tested it with 300 watts guys and i wired it directly to a battery to this junker truck...shook the whole dayum thing. and it has like the best SQ i have ever heard

Bronze Member

Tampa, FL United States

Post Number: 11
Since I can only run 1300 watts max(i have a new mazda and if you don't already know, there's yet to be a solution to upgrading the alt). So would a havoc still be a good choice, or are there others that you would advise if you had to stay around 1300w.

Bronze Member

Tampa, FL United States

Post Number: 12
bump

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2016
ive never heard the havoc but if you want one sub you could get a havoc or re sx .. personally i like a 2 sub setup and i would get 2 12'' re se's or 2 diamond d6's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us