OT- Antivirus

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2199
anyone know a good antivirus/firewall program? And abot what file size is it?

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1220
I find norton really good.......not sure about the size.

Silver Member
Username: Dankum

Post Number: 129
panda is a good one. Ive been usin it for a while and it works great.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2503
norton antivirus, atleast 550mb - 1.5gb
depends on ver, but is the best. also can slow ur pc to a hault if its slow.. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2200
what if its decently fast? i have this http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4532527
think it would work...it came with norton but it expired and i dont want to pay :-( lol

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 110
get Etrust or AVG. AVG is free to download and update. Etrust is $50 a year like norton. Nortons sucks.

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1222
i find that no virus protection is just as good, lol. I went a long time without one and never picked up one virus

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3759
i am with james. i've never used an anti virus and i haven't had any problems. anti virus just slows your pc down.

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 58
antivirus takes forever to scan your pc like an hour at least so whats the youse i never had one in a
long time my pc is fine u just have to watch what files you download like.jpg etc cause some extensions u should watch out for like .exe
.jpg is fine

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 516
hell na antivirus doesnt work find zona labs security pro on bearshare or download the free version on zonlab they have spyware and everythin wit that u dont really need antivirus just download ca etrust ez antivirus and that will monitor ur internet witout slow in it down and download some lavasoft adware for makin sure and u never have another spyware or trjans/virus again

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 517
na norton sucks i had it and sucks they charge you it doesnt even find some spywares and virus it makes ur computer really slow

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 112
Norton installs things not mentioned in their booklet, and it comes as an "update" which cuts your pcs ram in half nearly, which makes it extremely slow. If your looking for one get AVG and spybot 1.4. both are free programs which monitor your computer using very little space and ram when they are running.
And for those who say they have not antivirus/spyware blocker and havent had any try checking your system registry, i bet you'll find at least 10 or more.

Bronze Member
Username: Seth_walker

U.S.A.

Post Number: 28
Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 324
I got a program for you, Dan. Get on AIM sometime before 6 (I have to do an install and it will take a couple hours....)

Silver Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 112
yep i have avg also and its great!

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 440
avast.com

AVAST mutha fucka!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Slowcala, FL The one that...

Post Number: 2861
I have Zone Alarm Pro and Trend Micro PC-cillin

Gold Member

Post Number: 2203
well i just bought the Mcafee internet security suite and i downlaoded a basic Zone alarm trial so i dunno lol...

Bronze Member
Username: Van_man

Post Number: 51
Norton killed the WLAN on my laptop. I had to unistall it to connect with web. I spent half the day on the phone with Linksys support, Brought it to Shortcircuit City, Tech guy just wanted to replace the laptop, no help. Then called HP, Unistalled Norton Symantex and its fine. I will be getting McAfee and Spybot.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 736
yeah i had to uninstall norton also, it wouldnt let me log into to anything, like for school, or my ebay account, or facebook, or yahoo. basically anything that required me to log in with a password. but i could always come on here.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us