A couple boxes

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 726
ive been making a good amount of boxes lately. I almost finished my home theatre box, but im redoing it. I had a plan to cover the front, but it aint going to work. Also i ported a box for 1 eclipse. it gets loud, sound nice, but peeks around 40, and needs to be a little higher in the 30's. Even thought its tuned to 30. But the port is 4inch diamiter so there is no port noise. Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 727
i cant seem to find my ht box pics. ill get them in a minute.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 728
Btw that receiver may look old and crappy, but my mom got it at a yard sale for $5, and turns out it goes for around $200 on ebay. She was nice enough to give it to me. It takes in 7 amps(7 amps x 110 volts =770 watts) so it is powerful. it puts out 250 watts of bass with the volume turned half way.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3664
nice. you made that blue box too? damn alex next time take it outside or something to take a pic. the pictures came out too dark. hard to see it too clearly. lol. good job though man.

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 729
lol ill do that chad. here is my ht box. I messed up so i will be redoing it soon. The 8" sounds really nice. I was surprised. Seems like a 4 inch to get more of the mids would be nice though.Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3665
damn man you are good working with wood. very nice. how long does it take for you to build each box? good work man.

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 730
well, i dont spend a lot of time at once on a box. It takes about 4 hours for me to complete a really good box, Thats if i have the time and everything ready. I use more equipment than a saw when i build. I used my dads drills press to fit the tweeters because they were reversed mount. And im going to make the edges curved on the ht box with a router. Here is a jl box i made. It really sucked, but thats because i went to winisd and built the opposite of what i should have done. it said 3cft and tuned to 24, but i did 1.5 cft, and tuned to 33 or something.Once i get a table saw( for clean cuts) and become really good at porting and tuning i will sell boxes. I also got a funny pic of my dog lookin like she's high.lolUpload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 734
Does anybody think that is to big of a slope on the pic of the chart? I know it should be all even for a awsome sql setup, But how big should the slope be.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us