Subs and music frequencys

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

Post Number: 118
i was going to get my AA assassin 12 today but then one of my friends was like why are you getting a sub you mainly listen to rock so its pointless.

what do you guys think i listen to some undergournd punk, hardcore, heavy metal stuff like that and a little bit of rap. all that music still has low end fequencys subs pick up so woulndt a sub on LP do a better job then my 6x9s on full.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2453
yes, a sub will always perform better in the 20-80hz range than a 6x9 evewn if you listen to rock, classical, jazz, country, rap, etc, a sub is a MUST IMO

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
thanks what does everyone else think about this

Username: Super_mario

Post Number: 9
Get the sub. Since you listen to mostly rock music you will want that sub in a sealed enclosure. It will also give you a much better listening experience. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 596
tell your friend he doesn't know anything about music or car stereo and to keep his ideas or thoughts to himself. First off, there is alot of music people miss if you don't have yes 100hz and down. If not for the depth and emphasis of the midbass which is abundant on rock and punk. Also I'm not sure where your friend even gets the idea that rock and all doesn't have bass. I guess he needs to listen to Arvil Lavigne or even better a classical CD and see how much bass there is, actually on some classical stuff it has the most. Or let him listen to Criag Armstrongs "This Love" which is a classical type love song that has crazy bass on it. Also 6x9s suck for speaker in general whether its mid or full range. You're better off with round speakers, much nicer SQ.

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 413
ive heard from people who listen to rock... perfer 10" subs they are tight and acurate.. i listen to whateva so it dosent matter to me... but just a thought...

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
thanks guys

Bronze Member
Username: Nztunez

NelsonNew Zealand

Post Number: 42
A nice 10-12" sub would help bring out the lowest frequencies in almost all music. I would say though that it's critical to have a good front stage setup first before putting in a big sub that drowns out and rattles everything. Balance is the key.

If it were me I'd upgrade to some nice front comps, make sure I had a good HU and make certain the vehicle had good sound deadening and wiring FIRST..and then look at putting in a sub. In short a sub is great and adds a lot to the music but I'd say having a good front stage setup is a critical start.

Bronze Member
Username: Sweatyogre

PA USA

Post Number: 54
It's true that you have to listen to rap to really get your sub pounding, and rap gets the most out of a sub. A sub enhances all music, but rap will make your sub bump more than anything else.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6461
^^Hmmm thats not 100% true, i have heard some songs that where not rap that hit just as hard and low

Bronze Member
Username: Sweatyogre

PA USA

Post Number: 55
I know it's not true in all cases, I was just saying that rap will generally push subs more than anything else.

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1327
alot of mexican music has as much low bass that rap has.

but i heard reggae hits the lowest

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7324
alter said it best up in his post .....

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 50
listen to country, some country songs give out alot of bass if u dont trust me turn it to a country station and wait for the right song u would notice it.

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1329
i heard country rarely goes below 40hz

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 546
country does bump...matter fact a guy that "attempted" to adjust my system....used that song honky tonk....big change from

I'm a gat totin pistol holdin n!gga on yo damn street.Upload....

i felt weird even letting that country going through my subs lol

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1334
well i bet only in a few songs and in only a few parts it bumps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us