Help Deciding On Subs

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

U.S.A.

Post Number: 344
Ive been looking around on here and doing a little research and i came up with these possible selections. Ive never heard any of these subs except the jl 10w6v2.

2 10" Crystal Comp
2 10" JL 10w6v2
2 10" Treo SSi
2 10" Crystal Pro X210
2 12" Sound Splinter RL-p
2 10" Digital Designs DD2500
2 10" Digital Designs DD9100c
2 10" Adire Audio Brahmas
2 10" Mmats P3.0

I have an MB Quart RAA1000 that will put out around 1000-1200 watts at 1 ohm and I dont really want to get another amp. And ive got an x-cab s10 so space is kinda limited. Out of those subs what would give me the most spl but still have good sq in a somewhat small sealed enclosure? Or if any one has any other suggestions please let me know. I know thats kinda of a long list but you all know how it is when buying new subs!! Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6489
off that list i would get the rl-p's since they are 12's, and they also do really well in small sealed enclosures

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 704
i think he could have made a typo because everything else are 10's. but if he did mean to put 12's then i would get those too

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 345
Well the sound splinters only come in 12's and 15's thats why i put that. Id really rather have 2 10's i just like the sound of 10's better,they're more punchier. Plus i figured most of the subs one that list would sound just as good if not better than the 2 12" sound splinters. I was kinda leaning towards the treo ssi,but i dont know.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 346
Oh yea,I was also thinking about 2 ascendant audio arsenal 10's.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6490
lol, honestly the ss is better then someof the subs u named.Its sq is on par with the idmax,w6,etc..

Plus since u only have 1000rms, it would be hard to power some of the subs u mentioned

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 347
How is the ss in spl? How does it compare to the w6?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3559
Your best bet since you want to go sealed is the 2 10 Adire Brahmas or 2 Treo ssi 10's. The ssis i hear are very SQ oriented while getting loud at the same time. That whould be a good match with the amp.

I have owned the 2 10w6v2 in the jl prowedge box and trust me it will be the best out of all those in SQ by a long shot but wont have the SPL of the treos or brahmas.

My first recommendation whould have been the 2 12 RL-p's sealed but since space is limited then go with the treos or Adires.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 349
Those treos are rms at 750 each. Do you think 1000 watts will power them good enough? That would only be 500w rms 2 each sub. And if you think the 2 12" sound splinters will be better then i could probly fit those in my truck.But what would you compare the ss to? In spl and sq.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2474
i would do w6v2s for best SQ.
ssi, rlp, brahma and arsenal would be good for SQL
and digital designs will probably take the SPL side. but digital designs subs can sound really good too dont let their spl rep fool you.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 350
Damn Im really confused,I dont know what to get!! I wish there was a way for me to hear each one. Ive heard the w6v2 and i thought it was awsome in SQ and SPL but I dont really wanna get JL cuz everyone around here thinks JL is like the best car audio company ever,dont get me wrong i like them but i just wanna be differant,ya know? No one else around here has even heard of anything except what best buy and circuit city have to offer and then JL. Im really leaning towards the treos,I want mostly SPL but I still want them to sound good,in a small enclosure.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 355
Well now that i found out that the treo ssi needs around 1000w rms each those are out of the question so wut about these?

2 10" Crystal Comp
2 10" JL 10w6v2
2 10" Crystal Pro X210
2 10" Digital Designs DD2500
2 10" Digital Designs DD9100c
2 10" Adire Audio Brahmas

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 356
Or 2 ascendant audio arsenal 10's.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2801
hey.
i have a 10" DD 2500:-)

very loud:-) i give my single 10 870wRMS....

but...mine is in a 1.7 cuft box and it is ported....

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 357
Ok how about out of these

2 10" Digital Design DD2500
2 10" JL 10w6v2
2 10" AA Arsenals

Remember i have limited space and 500-600 watts rms to give each sub and im going to use a sealed box.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2491
im not even getting them and its tough for me to decide. the DD will probably take SPL... with the arsenals close with them in SPL... all will make a GREAT system. i love JL audio, they are my favorite mainstream company.... i love AA too... just pick one lol. rl-ps are great in small to moderate sealed boxes arent they?

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 358
I like JL to but i wanna be differant from everyone else,I currently own one 12w6v2 its great but the box i have it in is just to big for my truck,its ported and sounds great. I think i might get the AA cuz they are on sale right now for $190 a sub. But then again alot of people on here talk about how the DD are so great in SPL maybe ill get those.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3566
Honestly, 2 ID MAX 10's whould probably be the best option for everything your looking for. 2 ID MAX 10 dual 4 ohm versian 3's off 1000 watts @ 1 ohm whould be a killer setup. They will give you the SQ and SPL your looking for. They are very efficiant and very flexible when it comes to enclosures. They are amazing sealed,ported,ib,etc....

That is what i whould do if i were in your shoes.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7365
cant u fit 1 single 12" instead ?....

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3567
http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/products_page.php?id=idmax&type=sub

for more info on the ID MAX 10 / :-) enjoy

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 359
MO-The ID max 10's are rms at 1000w and ive got 500wrms for each sub so i dont think i would be giving them enough power.

Rovin-Yes I could fit 1 12,i have 1 JL 12w6v2 in my truck now but id rather have 2 10's. I just like the sound of 10's better.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7366
i have ur same amp & its gr8

i would say u get 2 400wrms subs instead of matching 500+500

subs 4 ex like
treo tsx
kicker compvr
mmats p2.0
diamond d3 etc .....

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3568
Actually, all you need for the ID MAX Subs are anywhere from 150-1000 to good great results.

That is why they are so popular because of how efficiant they run. You can verify this with the president of ID if you want or even Jonathan on here. I have done extensive research on the ID MAX subs and i can tell you that its a perfect match for that amp. 500 on each ID MAX 10 will be plenty for a everday SQL setup. TRUST ME!!!

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 275
you mentioned soundsplinter, and wanted 10"s, why not try the rl-i 10"?

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 360
I trust you,im sure you know alot more about car audio than me! I just thought maybe you misread my post and thought i had 1000w for each sub. I guess the only way to find out which sub to get is buy one of each and go from there,LOL if only i was that rich. The only good subs ive heard is my 12w6v2 so i have no idea what anything else sounds like. I do know that i want subs with more SPL than the JL and good SQ. I will look into the ID MAX,man im right back to the begining of my search for new subs. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3569
Here is me asking questions because i was curious about the ID MAX 12 on the ID forum talking to Eric Stevans aka ID's Presidant.

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1227

"If you have 75 watts X 2 on your front sound stage then I suggest 300 to 500 watts on the IDMAX. if you have 150 x 2 I suggest 500 to 1000 watts to the IDMAX"

Image Dynamics
310-856-4999

Silver Member
Username: Gage

Post Number: 187
hey i thought that they quit making those subs or something like that and they dont have warrenties on them anymore

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3570
They are going to sell out the remaining V3 lines and will soon have the V4 out in the summer time. The come with a 1 year warranty when purchased thru a authorized dealer.

www.speedsound.com is a authorized dealer of Image Dynamics out of NY. Good place to get it from.

www.cardomain.com is also a authorized dealer.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 362
Do you know of any websites that has the ID for a good price?

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 363
You answered my question before i asked it!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us