The Subwoofer Phenomanon

Silver Member
Username: Bakerj72

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 125
I'm pretty shure I spelt Phenomanon wrong but thats beside my point.

I just installed a SQ sub that hits Low in my car instead of buying a set of SPL subs hoping to have a good sounding car. I was dumb enough to not realize that bass Isnt everything.

I planned on having

10W7 H.O.
500/1
XR components
300/4
CDA 9835

According to everybody that system would sound great. My mistake was to buy the W7 first thinking my stock speakers would be fine. Theyre not, they sound like ****. One lil bit of advice

DO NOT spend 500$+ on a sub & amp & wiring & cap until youve upgraded your speakers... I highly regret buying my 10W7 HO before buying my XR's BIG mistake my car sounds like **** (it's not that bad). Don't get me wrong though... my sounds awesome, my car dos'nt

do yourself a favor..DO NOT spend 500$+ on a sub & amp & wiring & cap until youve upgraded your speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 318
just curious what car do you have? ive seen some newer cars with some pretty good sounding stock speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3594
why not just save up a little more and buy everything at once.

Silver Member
Username: Bakerj72

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 126
00 integra

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1745
yeah, you should always start up front and work your way back.

HU, Speakers, speaker amp, electrical upgrades, then subs and sub amp. sound deadner as you go along.

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1325
"ive seen some newer cars with some pretty good sounding stock speakers."

name one.

the best ive heard are those bose systems in chevy trucks but they aint better than aftermarket speakers

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2291
this is the starting order...

DEADENIN
HO ALTERNATOR
ELECTRICAL UPGRADES
HU
SPEAKERS/COMPONENTS
AMPS
BOX
SUBS

Bronze Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 31
""ive seen some newer cars with some pretty good sounding stock speakers."

name one. "

new mustangs comes with 10s in the doors they have great sq (yes ive heard them before)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3611
no stock system can sound better than an aftermarket system. the well setup ones that is.

Bronze Member
Username: Nztunez

NelsonNew Zealand

Post Number: 39
I agree with the order of B's list up above. Subwoofers are "sexxxy" so I think a lot of people overemphasize their place in a system...without a good front stage, HU, deadening etc...the whole system can just sound like crap with bass rattling the car.
Some stock systems actually sound better and more balanced than systems that people have spent $1000+ filling up with megabass and nothing else. People need to budget everything out so they have a good balance throughout the car with no weak component parts bringing the listening "experience" down. Otherwise it's just a waste of money with the low quality speakers/HU in the front stage being totally outclassed by the bass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us