SQ

Bronze Member
Username: Mateo

Post Number: 16
when a sub is an SQ sub, does taht mean it has no SPL? does it still bump? thanks and sorry if it is a stupid question.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 569
There are many SQ subs that can put out some bump. Such as the IDMAX. Most SQ subs can't compete with an SPL sub in output. SQ subs are designed with sound quality in mind. They have a very even and accurate response.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
ok. so dose that mean that an SQ sub is more of a speaker than a sub?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1296
no it does not it is a sub it is just geared to sound better than to get super loud it still can get loud but its not really ment for it have you ever heard a w6v2 or idmax

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
no the only jl ive ever heard is a 13W7

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 302
a sub designed for SQ is meant to be very accurate and clean sounding, usually when you design a sub for SQ you sacrifice some ability to get loud like other subs designed pure loudness. oh, and all subs are speakers. subs are big speakers meant to play low frequencies.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
ok thanks. when i said speaker i meant like a normal speaker, like a door speaker or something similar if you know what i mean. thaks again you guys

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 646
i think you ment a midrange

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 585
a good SQ sub is one that has very good and accurate sound while still being a sub. it doesn't get muddy when playing intense bass sections and it won't over emphasize the bass. I think alot of what it comes down to which is hard to tell from the specs is how good the magnetic fields are on the sub. How quickly it has control over the sub movement is a major factor on SQ for a sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us