6 Months After Ecoustics

Silver Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 167
Hey guys,

I haven't been on in over 6 months but i just wanted to thank everyone for the advice they gave me a while back. Here's my current system (which kills in sq and spl - when I need it to).

RE SX 12"
MB Quart RAA1000 - 1 x 1000 RMS
MB Quart RAA4400 - 4 x 100 RMS
Polk Momo 6.5" Components (Front and Back)
New 06'Alpine HU with IPOD direct link
(works great btw -- anyone with an ipod and a car should get the alpine direct link cable)

I'm in the process of installing a HO Alternator, my lights don't currently dim but it'll sound a lot better with the gains set a little higher on those amps.

If anyone can suggest a better set of components let me know...these polks sound great but I like it when the kids next door don't know the brands I use.....aka RE, MB Quart, KnuKoncepts.

I'll post picks tomorrow.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7237
hey i remember u -lol

last time i think u posted was when Re was having its group buy & then u just dissapeared all of a sudden .

Good set up man - u better posts some pics asap cause til then i will have 2 use my annoying yet effective >>>
Upload

Silver Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 169
yea man that graphic is annoying ..lol

Well if you read the whole post u'll see there's a question in there:

"If anyone can suggest a better set of components let me know...these polks sound great but I like it when the kids next door don't know the brands I use.....aka RE, MB Quart, KnuKoncepts."

....I'll post picks tomorrow
The Ho wont be in until next pay-week tho. (Using Knu's Blue power wire)

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7242
well i honestly havent used much of them so thats y i didnt say . Right now i've got some Inf 6.5 Refs which r good 4 the $ - but i would tell some1 2 try something better like ID, Focals , Diamond along that line line etc ...

Silver Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 170
Sub and Amp
Upload
RE SX 12
Upload
MB Quart RAA1000
Upload
StreetWires Fused Distro Block
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 647
very nice very nice. how does it sound?

Silver Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 648
mmm febreze is nice :-)

Silver Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 171
MB Quart 4 channel
Upload
HU + IPOD
Upload
IPOD (If you have super vision you might be able to read the Alpine logo on the Ipod)
Upload
The Car- 2002 Honda Accord V6 12,400 miles
Upload

Silver Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 650
but i suggest you clean up your wires a little bit more

Silver Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 172
It sounds amazing man.....
The polks work great sounds nice and clear...the sub handles the bass nicely which is pounding even set at 0 on the HU....When I put the subwoofer to 10 (max is 15), on a good song, my upper chest starts to hurt.

Once I get my Ho in I'll have to tweak the amps some more but for now I couldn't be happier. (except for the liscense plate that rattles on 10)

Silver Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 173
yea my wires near the distro block are a mess....I think I'm starting to here fuzz come in from the rca's and power being too close

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 588
COmp if you want some killer speakers that those kids won't know, I have some CDT's that will be good for you.

Silver Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 174
your the CDT dealer right?

Silver Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 653
yeah he is the dealer...

"yea my wires near the distro block are a mess....I think I'm starting to here fuzz come in from the rca's and power being too close"

lets not start another big argument about this now. glass says its all a myth and hes the man!

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 732
If you put adhesive weather seal rubber around the back of your licens plate it will get rid of that rattle.Thats what I did.
Or Dynamat makes a rubber mat for in between your car and the plate.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 522
how much 4 da 4 channel amp i wanted 1

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 592
yeah comp i'm a dealer. As for your RCAs with a fuzz noise, its probably a bad RCA. But sometimes some cheap ones get bad shielding which can let in intereference.

Silver Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 175
These aren't cheap RCA's......every last piece of my wiring - power, ground, RCA's, speaker wire, even the turn on lead - came from knukoncepts.

The 4 Channel MB Quart cost me 400 new when I got it because of the takeover buy some crappy company. I would sell my car before I let go of that amp.

Ohh and that fuzz varies by my RPM's- read somewhere that it's alternator interference. Any ideas....???

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5569
yes thats alt whine. could be a bad rca, or a bad ground also.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7246
"""I would sell my car before I let go of that amp.""" - LOL

ya i know how u feel about MB amps man cause i too had that same raa1000 but sold it . SWEEEEEET amp thats loud/clean & hardly ever even gets warm . Only reason i sold it (cause i got cost price after 8wks of using it- i miss it badly) is because i intend soon 2 buy a Orion 2500D ....

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 593
Knu are good RCAs but i had rpm noise from them. i had to move my wires to a different spot to get rid of the noise. i then replaced it with daytona rcas and still use those over the knu.

Silver Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 176
Rovin - your just stepping down man... Orions are okay but that shiny casing crap gets on my nerves (looks like Audiobhan and Hifionics crap). I even had a friend say "My amps are shinier than yours". I laughed and called him a f*g.

I'm thinking of getting another SX12 and RAA1000 - held off when I first installed everything because I didn't have the HO alt yet.

As for the RCA's...I'll try shielding/moving some cables around and check the ground. I doubt it's the ground though. If that doesn't do it, I'll try using the Daytona RCAs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us