Bass Question

Bronze Member
Username: Vc23

Post Number: 13
Whats up with the bass that you can hear outside the car when someone is driving by your house, verses some subs you just hear the trunk rattling or even the whole car? I want the bass outside the car, so what should i do, but also to sound like that inside? any tips or what?

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 607
pretty simple.. just get a powerful system, dont deaden your car, then turn it up and roll your windows down. but wanting bass on the outside of your car is stupid. it can cause people to follow you then maybe steal your stuff during the night, or getting tickets by the cops.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
what about in the db drags? all you hear is the whole car shaking, like the windows and trunk and waht not, like when people are hitting 150 dbs? any answer

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 832
just tape your subs to the top of your car. it will be sweet, i swear.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
why would you want to do that? wouldn't they fall off because of all the vibrations?

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 612
hahahaha! he was kidding. well do you want to get into competitions and the 150 db range?? if you just want to have a nice loud system for everyday listening, i guarentee you dont need it to be in the 150 db range. let us know what you really want.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
i just want a better system than every one else, my friends got a 12w6, so i want it to sound louder than his, i can hear his bass over mine (stock stereo in my explorer)so i was thinkin about gettin 2 12w7s or 13w7s which one is better? but yeah i just want something that alot of people can hear and sounds hella good but really booms. i am obsessed with the hard hitting bass, so what should i do $2500 dollar limit on everything.

Bronze Member
Username: Proks

Post Number: 57
thats why you get an alarm system, andyou wait by the window with your rilfe, full loaded HAHAHAHAHAH, shoot holes in those b*tches;)

Username: Groundshaka07

Post Number: 1
dude, i have 2 15" kicker solobaric L5's, they shake the ground. im serious man they will blow those w7's out of the water. I got them for cheap too, at hookedontronics.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
do they just get loud or do they actually sound good

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
im basically only looking at the subs here, going for like maximum 800 bucks, whats the best subs for people hearing you and sounds hella good?

Bronze Member
Username: Proks

Post Number: 60
train horn, they pump

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7159
$800 for subs u say

& how much $ u willing 2 spend on some good amps !?.......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
about 500 or even more, but no more than 600. what will that get me?

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 722
1 13w7 powered by a jl 1000/1 in your explorer will blow away your friends system. those of us that have cars cannot get the bass to travel or sound quite as deep as SUV's w/ systems everything sounds louder in an suv. so if you have 1 13w7 it will sound like 2 normal 15's and have great sound quality plus be really deep.

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

California

Post Number: 1211
"dude, i have 2 15" kicker solobaric L5's, they shake the ground. im serious man they will blow those w7's out of the water. "

the w7s are alot louder and sound alot better than the l5s

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
yeah dudes and there kicker subs man only know the greatest

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7161
so its really $1200/1300 for 2 12" subs & 1 or 2 amps ????..........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
which is better tho 12w7 or 13w7 cause i have heard many different opinons on them but, what if i ran 1000/1 do lets say each one, what would sound better? also would you be able to notice a big difference if i got w7s and 2 amps or not raelly? cause double the $$ should mean double the boom, but not sure? ??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
maybe 1 sub and 1 amp, but if it is a great difference getting 2 subs and amps then will get two. any advice?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7162
4 ur budget u should get a new model 15" xxx & a orion 2500 amp & it will slam & sound good & still come in under 1300.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
ok so it comes down to it, 12w7 with a 1000/1 or 15" xxx with a orion 2500? which one is the best deal or best sounding? which one would you choose? and why

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5536
dont forget a new alt which will prob run another $400 or so.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5537
your new alt has to be atleast 1.21 jigga watts in order to power what you need.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
alright thanks but what subs would you pick?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7165
yep what james said ^^^ - put aside some $ for it

i dont think new 15 xxx has been released as yet but every1 is expecting it 2 be a great sub

it should beat ur other choice in volume - i'd pick 15 xxx/orion combo ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
i don't even got my liscense yet, in about 4 months i get it, only 15 years old but i got an explorer and i can't even drive it. so i was just takin some advice

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5538
15 in SI mag:-) with a jl 1000/1 to it:-) that will leave your boy frowning for days. Talk to showrides on here for a SI mag or alteraudio.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7167
"1.21 jigga watts" - LOL !......

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Theweasel

Post Number: 80
right now the 12" XXX is out and everyone who has it says it is much much much louder than the W7's. and because of its massive excursion the low notes shake the ground. it is about the same price as a 13W7 too. wait til the 15" comes out and power it with a viper 2500 or a orion 2500d.

Bronze Member
Username: Viva_la_bam

Post Number: 31
on a car like a chrysler 300c would 2 12 jl audiow7 would that be good sql or would it suck and i wana know what kind of box will work on my car for the woofers and i was told that for a car it is hard for a system 2 sound good its that true if it is tell my why

Post Number: 2
ok, ive already tested my kicker 15's against that w7 bullshit and i made the kid blow a fuse. dont tell me w7's are better cuz i KNOW they arent.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5543
what model kickers? Just because the kid blew a fuse is a problem with his install, not his subs. w7's are very very good subs and will compete with the best of them out there.

Post Number: 4
im not sayin they arent good subs i just know the kickers are way better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us