Amp problem Help???

Username: Sam_04290

Post Number: 1
I tried the tech support but they didnt help any....
Ok well I have a Audiobahn A 8000t which is just a starting amp and I dont like them my self neither do i...It was just cheap.....Well i have it hooked up to a chevy cavalier which has a 105 amp alternator and has 40 amps left over....which should be fine to run the amp......I have it running directly off the battery to a 60 amp fuse block(no farad cap need one!!) than directly to the amp......The level on my amp is turned to about 20 percent and bass boost is turned down all the way...Its running at two ohms to my idmax d2 v3 ya i know they dont match in quality but ya the amp was cheap....Well to the problem when I turn it up aboput half way the amp shuts off and goes into prtection....I dont think its overheating because i live in maine and its cold plus the amp doesnt feel hot...If u have any input on this or any thing u think i could do it would be greatly apreciated
Thanks sam

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 707
go over all of your wiring and make sure you are getting good contact. that is a great amp though, so any more problems would be weird.

did you install ur amp?

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 708
i meant "any more problems would be weird"

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 709
is the sub dvc 2 ohm, or 4 ohm??

Post Number: 2
Its 2ohm and i hooked it up my self

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 893
if its dual 2 ohm then you probably have it wired down to 1 ohm. you wired the voice coils in parallel?

Post Number: 5
yes i think they are coming directly out of the one of the connections but iam pretty sure that is 2ohms

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1847
there is no way to run a dual 2 to 2ohms, either 1ohm or 4 only if it is 1 sub....

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 904
you need to run the voice coils on the sub in series and then connect to you amplifier. unless its a two channel amp.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=1+woofer&WoofImp= Dual+Voice+Coil+-+2+ohms+x+2

you want wiring option 2
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us