Pioneer DEH-P840MP

Username: Bobha

Post Number: 8
Pioneer DEH-PB40MP No Power
Hi,
I have had this deck in my Truck for about 6 months
with no problems. Problem now is no power,no Display. (unit usually powered up and opened the front panel if I left it that way.
There is power to the plugin (yellow wire)and a good ground (Black Wire) I also made sure I plugged in the antenna each time I checked for power up.
I tried wiggling the plug. Still nothing.
Popped the display panel off and cleaned the contacts, nothing. I also tried pushing in the pin button in the front of the display panel. (I was told this might be a restet button) I have no manual or warranty for this. Is there an internal fuse on these that I can replace or have replaced?

I first noticed it did not power up when I started the truck one day. I always turn on some music first thing. It did not smoke or "pop" or anything, just no power.
Please Help,Upload

Username: Makmillion

Post Number: 5
Even if there were a fuse that you could replace, internal of course, it would be pricey. There is a fuse near the harness you might check. Try checking your fuse box, you might have blown a fuse for your constant power.

You're ignition lead might have come loose, this happened in my blazer about a year ago... try bringing the ignition lead on the harness to constant power and see if it turns on.

If all else fails, ebay it, accept the return cash and update.

Good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2815
I wouldn't be surprised if the ribbon cable has worn down, but if that's the case, usually there would be prior signs to complete loss of power (such as no display, intermittent issues, no button response etc.). If you'd like, I can look into it more. I didn't see this post until now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us