Treo SSX15.22

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 669
Anyone have any experience with this sub and how might it stack up to the new XXX? I ordered my new XXX 15 two weeks ago but I think I may cancel the order because the subs mounting depth is just outrageous! Now I am looking for a sub to replace it and came accross SSX15.22 and it looked promising. Anyone have a recent pricing and maybe a reputable dealer you know of? Thanks...Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 808
the SSX is not an SQL sub. its SPL but sounds somewhat good. go with 2 SSis if you want a loud sq setup.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2186
:-) I see its a NEW Treo craze goin around ecoustics..... Nothing new in other forums...
Maybe they need some antibiotics...
Treo been here for sometime, and has always been jumped/looked ova. Untill someones favorite subs in the world gets eaten up by a Treo. The company was started in 01....

TSI=SQ
TSX=SQL
SSI=SQ
SSX=SQL
CSX=SPL
CXT=SQL = KING OF ALL SUBS! (call him DADDY)

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2187
Polo, I thought u were sold to the XXX... :-) They dont underate their products by 10 miles like Treo does.... :-) Me personally its TREO for life! or DD :-) As far as I know 1 of the guys from DD broke loose and started a company called TREO Engineering... :-) I can tell you alot of RE horror stories if u want me too... :-) Just from peoples personal experiences with RE, DD, TREO....

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 670
Don't get me wrong, my SX is LOUD as hell, maybe more because of the enclosure but it has been a good daily drive and is very clean compared to a lot of subs I have used where I have had to actually aim the cone to the rear to hide the noise they made, lol. I am just looking into some possibilities and maybe a little more mounting flexibility. Sh!t nigga's I may be able to get two of these B!tches in my car, unlike the XXX, lol. Can I order sh!t direct from Treo (prefered) or do I have to go through a dealer? Should this sub get crazy loud and maybe start off with one? Polo.. :-)

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 809
you have to go through a dealer, which so far is the only thing i dislike about treo. i dont really agree with b in that the SSX is sql :-(. the ones ive heard have all been extremely loud and sound ok, but nothing too too special.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 810
the only place other than ebay i see treo is http://www.mobilesoundworks.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=469

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2197
:-)
:-)
I can tell u exactly how to get loud... You can start with 1 SSX 18 or 1 SSX 15 with 4000RMS! in a KILLER enclosure...
The SSX plays NO games when it comes to power handling....
But my loud may not be to your likens... ^^^^ that would be what I call STUPID LOUD
2 would be better if you can power them happily... Then u can go to competition & win!
umm u could always do the rated rms... LOL

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 675
I will have to do the rated until I get MO POWER! I can always strap a couple more sx1250's together and give 2500 to each coil, might have to tone it down a tad but do you think one 15" will do it? I like it STUPID STUPID loud, lol. I am an ORIGINAL ground pounder, lol and really love the sh!t, no audiopile grandpa here... :-O

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 811
hey b go down to the topic "new box design" its what im doing with the SSi 12s.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2198
Jake did u hear the SSX in the correct enclosure & power? The SSX is designed as a SQL design.
The main diffrence between the SSX and the TSX, is the power handling... With the SSX the VC actually can stay within the maggnet alot better :-)

Jake I do agree that the best sounding sub is the Treo SSI :-) That is considered SQ driver, not even SQL! But whos to say it dont get loud?? :-)

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2199
Polo, sounds like a PLAN to me Jake is right, u need to contact your local dealer..
Jake I will check that thread..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us