Crappy ground?

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 387
ok i got a buddy... he has a weird issue goin.... his subs just dont hit for crap... all his equipment he has was purchased from me so i know they should be getting 10X's hader than what they are doing... the only thing he didnt get form me was his HU and his grounding wire... he used 6Ga power wire thats about 2 Ft long for his ground i havent looked at where it's bolted but i am guessing this would be the issue... it's quite strange...

Silver Member
Username: Jbump

Nebraska City, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 217
Have him either try a new ground, or putting his subs in someone elses car and see if its just his car making the difference.. i have both my grounds in my trunk with paint scratched off..

Silver Member
Username: Darkale85

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 149
i would see how u have the subs hooked up if u have 2 subs hooked up wrong i know it wouldnt get nearly as loud as it for example if u needed them in parralell not in series if im not mistakein

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2191
6ga :-(
make sure the impedance load matches the amplifier load.. His HU could be a messley 1v like mine...

Silver Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 172
How do you find the impedence load on your HU??
I have a 2001 Saturn L300 with the stock CD player/tape player.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2195
"How do you find the impedence load on your HU??
I have a 2001 Saturn L300 with the stock CD player/tape player." Jon

Most aftermarkets HUs are stable up to 2ohms, wire speakers any lower can damage the HU.. Factory radio will have a higher impdence... You have a Saturn "GM" I know my Buick "GM" factory had 4 10ohm speakers!!

My question for you is why do u want to know your HU impedance? R u hookin subs to it? or adding more speakers in parralel?

Silver Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 173
Well B, I already hooked up an amp an added one subwoofer, that's what the amp is hooked to. I used one of those converters that hook up behind the radio and hooked all the wires into that so I could hook up the RCA's into that. So far it sounds ok, but I was just inquiring about the hu impedence to see if my amp is tuned close to being right. Thank you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us