Love friends w/employee discount

Bronze Member
Username: Curious

Post Number: 62
man i must of saved around 100 bucks on my alpine head unit it was originally 200 got it for 130 wiring harness was 18 got it for 1.30 dash kit 20 got it for 3.30 and i bought some pioneers 6x9's for 40 when they were originally 100 man i lucke out it just goes to show its not always what you no but who you no to the problem is i have to install all this stuff by my self because if i don't i will have to pay best buys installation fee. it shouldn't be to hard though right.

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 182
DAMN THATS A HELL OF A DEAL.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1573
shouldn't be too hard. pick you up a Haynes or Chilton rebuild manual, it'll show how to get everything appart if you can't figure it out.

did you check out that stuff online before you got it at a "employee discount" ??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Ok brandon i checked it out here on this site and the feed back i got was that the older alpine units were better than the new ones but the problem i ran into when talking to the best buy rep was that apple changed the conector and stuff when they came up with the 4th and the video generation ipod so the unit i planned to get was not compatible with my ipod (3rd generation) so basically what happened was the best buy sales rep talked me out of getting a 289 dollar unit plus a 100 dollar ipod box and into getting a 200 dollar unit plus a 30 dollar ipod cable. I don't no why some one would want you to spend less money if they weren't doin you a favor right but i think it will be ten times better than my factory and it has 3 pre-amp outputs and the ipod conector with cd text and sat ready, sub woofer control. I did do research before i spent my money thanks to you guys i think i made a pretty good choice for the money with my subs and head unit.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1606
don't know anything about the Ipods, cuz i think they are over rated, but a direct cable should sound better then a ipod box deal. newer alpine units do suck compared to the older ones for sure. which unit did you end up going with??

hope your happy with your choices. i'm in the middle of redoing my whole car, hope i like what i'm going with. pics and stuff are in the subforum, title is "parts are arriving!" if you wanna see.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
i ended up getting the unit that is 199 at best buy i will get the part numbers for you later. if you don't check before then
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us