Output converter

Bronze Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 86
hi, is there any way to connect (1) PAC OEM-2 -- 4 channel output converter and (1) PAC OEM -2 -- 2 channel output converter so i could have total of 6 channel output.?

http://www.greasemonkeythreads.com/bay/oem-2.jpg
http://i6.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/bd/53/61_1.JPG
AGAIN: Is it possible to attach the devices in the pictures above (1- 4CH PAC OEM-2 and (1) 2CH PAC OEM-2) together?
THANKS

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2826
What does the first adaptor do specifically? Change two channels into four? If that were the case, you would want two of the first unit. The second unit is just for converting speaker outputs to RCA outputs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
no. what i want to do is put these to my factory radio on 06 honda accord.(it has the climate control built in it.. so HU is not replaceable)
Basically i want to have 3 sets of pre-amp in my factory radio.
** so these devices will attach to the factory speaker and power wire in the head unit. and i will have pre-amp outputs**

BUT I WANT TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY WAY I CAN GET 3 PAIRS OF PRE-AMP OUTTA MY STOCK HU.
thanks

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2829
So does the first unit split all four wires into two sets of preouts or what? Can you provide any more information about the first unit?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
i belive so that the first unit split into 2 sets of pre-amp outputs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
the first unit will give me 2 sets of preamp but i want another set of pre-amp. so do i connect the first unit to the front and rear speaker wires and the second unit only to the rear speaker wires?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2831
I think an easier way would be to just buy the first unit, then use two Y-cable RCA splitters for one of the sets of preouts it gives you. Male adaptor on one end, and two female on the other, like this:

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
LET ME MAKE SURE
ok 2 sets mean front right/left and Rear right/left
RIGHT?
then i will take two of the Y-cables of RCA splitter and put one in the Front Right and the other in front left. that will give me 2 sets of preamp and i will have one set from the rear right/left?( where i did NOT plug the Y cables)
If this is correct then say YEAHHH!!!!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2832
Yep, that's correct.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
one last question:
Will the y cables have any bad effect on the sound quality?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2839
Little to no effect on sound quality.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
oh.. another question:
all the wires that i will be connecting to this unit (PAC OEM-2) will they also go into the head unit?
what i'm trying to ask is. do i disconnect the speaker wires from the head unit and attach them to this PAC. or do i need to attach the wires to head unit and this device?

Bronze Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 27
Why not use the four channel line convertor to run your speaker amp ( 4 channel amp ) then use the "low level output" from your 4 channel amp to connect your sub amp in line, i mean, you're not going to be able to control the amps with your stock deck anyways.. it would make more sense... also, you won't lose any power from your low powered (.2v) line convertor :-)
Hope this helps..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
but if i do that i will have to get one powerful amp right? because my subs are going to be around 1600 RMS total.

Bronze Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 29
No, the wattage output of your sub amp would not depend on your 4 channel amp, thats a whole different deal.

Lets say your RCA cables ran at .2volts and you run two sets to your 4 channel amp, then you run a set from your 4 channel ( RCA Output ) to your sub amp, your amp will still have the same draw from your rca cables (.2volts), the power cables from your battery or distribution block will run one (1) each to the amps, one goes to the 4 channel.. another goes to the sub amp, and the power cable is what is dependant on the power going to your amp,because your amps are powered by the power cable and not the rca cables.

It will work.. and it's alot less hassle..

You could have a 200 watt 4 channel and a 1600 watt sub amp and the rca cables will still push that .2volts to both amps, first to the 4 channel, and thru the 4 channel to the sub amp.
It works the same as a splitter would, but it doesnt look as messy and you dont have to buy the splitter.

It will work, I mean, that's what the RCA Output channel is for on amps :-)

Good luck!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
ok i don't know much so i might sound crazy..!!
so you want me to get 2 amps one for my subs(1600 RMS) and one for my speakers (200 Watts RMS)
Then take the 2 sets of RCA cables from the head-unit and put the into the 4 channel(speaker) amplifier. and then take more RCA cables and take them from the speaker amplifier to the sub amp?
Off-course both amps will be powered separately.
ONE QUESTION:
Where do i put the RCA cables in the 4 ch amp that will go to the sub amp. are there input/outputs for that?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us