My new xxx came in today!

Silver Member
Username: Ruthless06

C-ville, Va USA

Post Number: 131
So the fedex guy came, i was like i wonder what hes got for me... i walked out there, he said boy this is to heavy for my back, can you get it off for me. I was like yes sir i'd be glad too. So I got it off, got it inside, ripped the box apart. Let's just say it's the heaviest sub i've ever seen. It was in a big black carrying case so it wouldnt get hurt i guess. now to take pics! yay

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6930
I just love using this gif.
Upload

hurry up & post them pics ,man !.......

Silver Member

C-ville, Va USA

Post Number: 132
here are the pics... taken from my cell phone, so not high quality... i cant find my digital camera >:-O

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2094
i personnaly think the XXX is ugly, but thats just me.
But gawd, hurry and hook it up. We NEED a review

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1160
damn man you are lucky i need to save up my money so i can get mine they look so sweet

and dane no talking abotut hem go back to your AA subs and dont insult other ones cause AA are the plainest looking subs ever there ugly in themselves

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3356
damn ruthless. you are one lucky azz. that sub looks like a monster. how are you going to mount it. if you mount it facing the front or back, i don't think the box can support its weight. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2095
ok charlie, dont get ur pan ties in a bunch man. I never insulted RE's performance, and i never insulted RE. I just said i didnt like how it looked.
now, we all have opinions about what we like on the looks of subs. I like all black and plain subs like every AA woofer. I just think the shape of the XXX is odd, thats all.
and sum ppl on here like the flashiness of like the TI and all that.
Now lay off son

Gold Member

Post Number: 2096
he needs 2x4's to support it :-)

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3394
I whouldnt want to use that subwoofer unless i had a SUV or Truck that can support the weight and not make the car look weighed down from the trunk. Thats the only thing that i dont like about it. To big and heavy. Otherwise im sure it will sound great.

Silver Member

C-ville, Va USA

Post Number: 133
im gonna mount it facing the back, but it has little hooks so you can add extra support on it. i thinkt hats what it is for. or maybe thats for the quad voice coils if you want to get that. but either way yeah, its huge.

Silver Member

C-ville, Va USA

Post Number: 134
yeah it will probably weigh it down, but ill just get stiffer suspension in the rear.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6936
looks DEADLY man !!!!!!

u can look @ it this way - u get the back of ur car automatically dropped so now all u gotta do is drop the front suspension a tad -lol .......

Silver Member

C-ville, Va USA

Post Number: 135
lol

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1109
haha, that's a nice way of looking at it Rovin

Ruthless, that is one sick looking sub. I hope your very happy with it (well I guess I don't have to hope, lol) because I know you will be. You have to be with that monster!

Silver Member
Username: Extremesound1

Coventry, RI United states

Post Number: 105
thats the 12in right, and i actually in my opinion i like the way it looks.

but everybody has different opinions

i wonder what the 15in sub is going to be like to carry i want two of them in 3 months ill have them and post my pics.

i need the money first too. lol

Bronze Member
Username: Kicker101

Alberta

Post Number: 20
what compaine is XXX? also how much are they and how many watts??.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6353
Resonant Engineerig
www.reaudio.com

I believe the New XXX is 2000 rms

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 607
How is it balanced out, is the motor structure most of its weight? Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 667
it looks like it

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11427
remember you don't have to support the whole sub with just the face bolts.
you CAN, when building the box, make supports for the magnet/motor, so the sub sits on the supports in the box, taking some strain off of what should be a doubled front baffle.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 669
wuts a doubles front baffle?

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 611
Hey GW, what if you want to invert it? Polo..

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11430
bassman; the side of the box where the speaker goes. you use two sheets of material instead of one.. like 1.5" of MDF instead of .75"
gives more support to that face of the box once it's glued up.

polo, I wouldn't bother, but if you do, I'd mount the sub with the ring on the inside of the box, so the sub comes through the opening letting the baffle support some of the driver's weight, instead of relying on the tensile strength of the screws and MDF to do the job alone.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2585
ruthless,

you may wanna think about going w/ t-nuts and bolts for that XXX. (there is no way i would depend on deck-screws...lol)

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=081-1090

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
would this be better or would it be bad to do with SQ SPL and SQL wise.what i mean will the supports take away the SPL ect. or something.
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
would this be better or would it be bad to do with SQ SPL and SQL wise.what i mean will the supports take away the SPL ect. or something.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 430
Hey ruthless i asked this before but do u live in charlotesville va(sorry cant spell) Wish i was closer to you im In Fredericksburg...My Bun Bun LOL is from charlotesville(however u spell it)

so there is a reported earthquake in va I know Y

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1163
no offense roland but it loks like 1st grader drew that i have know idea what you are trying for there lol i know that doing that is hard but just wanted to let you know

Bronze Member
Username: Chevy4life

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 19
how much the the new xxx cost?

Silver Member

C-ville, Va USA

Post Number: 136
chevy4 life: the new xxx was 630 shipped for the 12

killerzracing71: i dont live in c-ville just work there. i live closer to richmond, in the middle of the two

marshall: i dunno about box yet, but i will probably use t-nuts with whatever i build.

polo: yeah, the motor is most of the weight. so im gonna need a brace for it when i build the box.

i played it with two alpine v12 mono blocks. had about 700 watts to each coil in a 1.5 cu.ft box.

sound = amazing, outperforms anything i have ever heard. the motor is so loose and so smooth. i didnt hear any distortion from it whatsoever, and it hit the lows quite well.

output = to early to tell. only had roughly half the power it needed. and it was in a small sealed box. but for the little wattage and the box it did get pretty loud, louder then my 10 right now which is crazy loud.

whenever i get the jl 1000/1's to push it, and the box im going to make. it should sound awesome. even though i dont know what im going to tune it to, or what yet. only time will tell...

but it is definetly worth the money, and will be more worth the time when it is all over with.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2121
:-) how u think they would do with 4krms?

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
i drew that in the paint thing on the computer i suc using the mouse. and anyways i just did it quick and added the picture

well will someone answer my question
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us