4 12" subs in a truck cab

Bronze Member
Username: Kunit

Post Number: 93
I've got 4 12" subs to go behind the seat in my truck. I've got one Kicker comp SVC, 2 old ultimate, and one orion. I figured out I can get a little over 5.0 cuft of space behind there. Should that be enough? About 1.0 cuft. for each sub. (have to remember the dividers to make each sub its own box) I wondered if the kicker would perform well in that small of a box. I've got it in a 2.5 cuft. box tuned to 32 hertz and it sounds pretty wicked. Is 1.0 cuft too small? I havn't got a whole lot room to work with by the time i put 3 amps and my subs...plus all the midrange speakers i've gathered in the last 6 months!:D:D

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2124
umm...i wouldnt mix subs dude...too much cancellation.
it would get loud but not sound good at all

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 432
its a bad thing to mix subs, they all have diff properties. if you want any sq in mind, dont mix subs

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2594
If you want a loud daily system in a single cab fullsize truck...I would suggest going w/ 2 decent 12's in a (1)large box (as big as you can go and be comfortable driving) subs firing into your back, port low on the box firing to the passengers side.

If you build the box correctly, you should be able to get ~4.3-4.5cuft (net) w/ 40sq inches of port. (tune to ~35hz)

Bronze Member
Username: Kunit

Post Number: 94
ok thanks...maybe i'll just use the ultimates and cell my kicker...i dont know if my alt. would run 2 amps neway..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us