Wiring up two 4 channel amps to one head unit?

Username: Budget76

Manasquan, NJ United States

Post Number: 1
ok, i will admit that i don't know much about car audio, and could really use some help here. I'm trying to get my system all bought so i can install it soon, and i need help deciding on a head unit.

the main thing i'm wondering is how could i connect two 4 channel amps to one head unit? I am considering this one http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pioneer-In-Dash-Player-DEHP4800MP-/sem/rpsm/oid/1 41960/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do that has 3 pre-amp outputs. I was planning on using two for the first amp to power 4 sets of speakers, then the last one, splitting it, to bridge it for 2 subs.

If it matters I have an ADS PQ20 i want to use for the subs, and a Jensen 680(i know its not the best, i got it cheap) for the speakers. The only reason i have two 4 channel amps is that i didnt know it would be this confusing.

any help is appreciated. I don't think i forgot any neccessary info. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 257
use the front and rear channel preouts for your 4 channel that will be powering your speakers. use the sub preout to and grab some RCA splitters to connect it to your other 4ch amp.

Username: Budget76

Manasquan, NJ United States

Post Number: 2
thanks. of course, after spending half an hour on here, i learned that. i hate it when people don't search and now i'm one of them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us