12's in a SUV

Bronze Member
Username: Devastation101

Post Number: 46
Ok, in your honest opinion...would you put 12's in a SUV such as an Explorer or Expedition? Most people say 15's, but if you say yes to 12's, how many?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6275
as many as i can

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 751
i would go with 15s.

Bronze Member
Username: Extremesound1

Coventry, RI United states

Post Number: 76
or try to fit fit 2 18's lol

crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyyy

or like as many 12's or 15's ^^^^^^^^^

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 407
4 real the 18" route would be tight but it better b sum qulity 18" cuz people will expect alot

Username: Shortysetnies

Post Number: 9
I have a Jeep Cherokee with two 12" audiobahns and they hit hard. They were on a 800 watt amp and they were loud enough for what I wanted at the time. Everything got stolen one night and now I am upgrading to 15's though. Just figure out how much you are looking to spend and then how loud you want it and go from there. I will tell you now that you lift gate will rattle like crazy.

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 354
see thats what i am afraid of cause i am getting a jeep Grande cherokee tomorrow... alot of people i know that drive those get their sh!t stolen.... i am thinking of Anchoring my amp and subs.... thatway they wont take em... to much bullshlt and time to take something out if its anchored down.... ofcourse ill till have to deal with a broken window though...

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 450
are there bad neighborhoods in nebraska?

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 409
yeah the longer it takes to get the stuff the less likely the theif would get it.....

put it this way.....Ur mom said no cookies...she leaves.......the cookies are on the counter opened with 2 cookies hanging out......

lets say this time your mom has them in the cabinet...closed..and behind some stuff....which would u rather get....

Just try to secure ur stuff....put dumb things like allen heads for bolts an stuff

Silver Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 451
i would take both the cookies with some milk

Silver Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 452
i didnt see where you were going with that

Bronze Member
Username: Custom_boxes

Post Number: 53
its harder 2 get the cookies in the cabinet then having the jar on the table with them hangin out derr lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 355
well i live in the Omaha area... theres some bad things that happen out here.... but yea i was thinking of mounting the box from the inside, get some huge bolts with fat heads and 3" washers, castlated nuts with some cotter pins for the underside or i might just weld the nuts to the body... but i bet the gas tank will end up being in the way. for the amp mount a board to the jeep than use Torx screws to mount it to the board....or if i want to get really complicated i could just use tri wing screws. (like the ones used on game boys)

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 302
Here's my theft story: In order of ownership
2 12" Type R's STOLEN
3 12" Type S STOLEN
2 12" Type E Currently own, but thwarted a theft attempt, I am currently fabricating a steel cage to go around my box and have it securely bolted to my truck.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 303
For the orignal question, all of those went into a GMC Jimmy, and they sounded fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 356
damn JC.... remind me not to come visit you without a stickdeath security system...

either you live in a really bad place or somebody is stupid enough to come and rob you repeatedly...

Bronze Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 87
Or you could use different screws throughout your box. It would be hard to take off, for you and the people trying to jack your stuff.

Silver Member

Post Number: 363
nah.... thats a little to much....

most people spend a max of 15-30 seconds on a car... they dont have time to try to figure out why they cant get the subs out.... they will prolly just jack my head unit and maybe the Amp and run... so i would only be out 900$ instead of 1300$

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6846
now that finally some1 on this forum has bought & tested a Havoc & he said its good

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/211219.html

maybe u can get urself 2 havocs cause its cheap & said 2 sound pretty good ...

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1472
thats what im doing to my jeep, around here we have these screws that have a allen head on them but have a little pin on the inside so it takes a special screwdriver to take them in and out, there only like 75cents so i call it cheap insuance, and im doing this to everything, the amp, subs, sub boxs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 364
you have a name for these screws?

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1473
i'll try to find the name and a pic of them.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1475
http://www.aaronssecurityscrews.com/ here's a website, im not getting them this place but its what im talking about, im getting the one second from left.Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us