Alpine Type-X SWX-1242D Good Sub or No? Help

Username: Vc23

Post Number: 2
Im going to buy 2 of these Alpine Type-X SWX-1242D. http://cgi.ebay.com/2-ALPINE-SWX-1242D-12-TYPE-X-SUBS-TYPE-X-SUB-WOOFERS_W0QQite mZ5881085228QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem. And buy 2 alpine amps and i am wondering if they would sound good at hit hard, or am i just wasting my money, and should buy something else?

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 720
For that price I would do it. I have 2 12s in my car right now and they sound clean. Not the most impressive SPL wise, but they are made to be put in a sealed box for SQ. Alot of people on this site might not agree with me but I think they are good subs for that price.

Username: Vc23

Post Number: 4
jake- you have 2 of these subs? if so do they hit hard

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 979
like he said there not really spl subs.. regardless yes they will still hit hard provided you give them the proper power, of course u can put them in ported boxes and still gain spl ..but they wont sound anywhere near as good

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 722
i hit 146.5 dB in a slot ported box with around 1600 watts RMS. even though it is a ported box it is designed for SQ over SPL. so i guess to answer your question it does hit hard but the subs arnt really designed to hit really hard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us