Alpine components installed incorrectly?

Bronze Member
Username: Gibson5469

Post Number: 35
My friend had the Alpine SPR-17LS components installed in his Jeep, they didnt use the crossovers and told him that you only needed them if you used an amp. He also had an alpine deck installed.

He wanted me to check out the system because on of the tweeters was crackling like it was blown, then I look in the back and there are the crossovers sitting in the box. These should have been utilized right?

TIY

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1436
you have to use the crossovers supplied with the components. they split the signals between the woofers and tweeters. tweeters should never receive low signals or they will crackle and blow. woofers shouldn't receive the higher frequencies either. the crossovers should absoultely be used!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
alright thats what I thought, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 776
geeze who installed them?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
installer from a local custom audio/video shop, not best buy or circuit city, did it after hours.I knew he screwed up, I think best buy or cc would have done a better job haha

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 778
yeah, for sure. i hope you didn't blow your tweeter. if you did make the dumb@ss installer replace it. this is why i don't use local car shops. kick him in the face for me.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6751
go cuss that installer .......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us