Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6582
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000101&sid=aBuH4o0gjhDs&refer=japan

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6584
Ooops - i 4got 2 put the title as "Off Topic - Ps3 Delayed Until November !!!...."

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1078
who thinks the ps3's will sell for alot more on ebay the day they come out...

like how the xbox's did

Username: Sellmyass4

Post Number: 5
Me love u long time....
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 543
did you really think it was getting released at E3? Two words
Holiday Season.

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 478
As long as they are made better than the 360 I can wait.

The 360's crashed wayyy to much Futureshop had to return 9 out of 12 cause they all crashed after people used up less than half of the HD. plus the graphics dont look any different to me.

PS3 will also have way better games!

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 554
they wont have better games. just having halo 3 will beat out every game that ps3 will ever make. ps3 have more games but not better.

if you look at it in most cases, they have the SAME GAMES.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6088
Halo is almost as overrated as the GTA series

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6596
Uh oh - here we go again !

Xbox vs Ps wars ! ....

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1780
"
The 360's crashed wayyy to much Futureshop had to return 9 out of 12 cause they all crashed after people used up less than half of the HD. plus the graphics dont look any different to me.

PS3 will also have way better games"
MIKE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
360 got a RECALL, they overheating...

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 246
bassman is right.

PS3 is SHITTY thats why it keeps getting delayed.

I have 360 and I don't even use it, but that's because the good games aren't out yet, it is still a way nicer system than PS3 is as of right now.

All the graphics that you fanboys have seen and are expecting, are NOWHERE NEAR what the actual best graphics they got right now for it, so they are going to take a long time to release it.

They will sell them like hot cakes no matter how good or bad they are because of name recognition alone.

But, in the end of the battle, microsoft will be the number 1. The 360 will be available on the shelves within about a month for anyone to go in and buy one. Also when PS3 finally gets released, the 360 will have a reduced price ($299 for Premium) AND Halo 3.

I've owned all the best systems from Atari on up. I was a huge playstation fan until I gave the original xbox a try 2 years ago, since then it is obvious that xbox is better.

I will get a PS3 so I assure my opinion is not biased, and they have an incredible game library.

But who has time to play a ton of games? Not me, I only have time to play 1 game, whichever the best game is. Right now that game is still Halo 2, and soon, it will be Halo 3.

Halo 3 FTW!

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1387
IMO they both are overrated, i know ppl who waited in lines for like 4-5hours just to get a 360, and then when they got one every1 was so anxious to play them, and i played it, and it was better than the xbox and ps2 but not enough to go buy one, i'll wait for a year or two and wait till the price comes down to like $150 or so then i might consider buying one, but intill then i'll stick with my ps2. and the ps3 looks good the graphics are amazing, i think sonys smart, wait work all the bugs out, get more games lined up, and wait till holiday season, i call it smart marketing.

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 247
Oh and I forgot, the systems are pretty damn close in terms of performance, to the point where it is going to come down to how good the programmers do making the games to determine which is "better".

And guess what, PS3 is very difficult to program for and gives the developers such headaches that one actually got fired for saying publicly that after "everything I have seen so far, the xbox 360 is better than the PS3"

Also, they say the xbox 360 is the easiest console they have ever programmed for, and it uses Direct X very similar to the computer version of Direct X, so they can basically port games from the PC to the 360 with very little work involved.

360 > PS3

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1388
and imo halo is the stupidest fvckin game ever, i played multiplayer and its stupid all you do is run around and shot each other, WOW, me i like adventure and shoting games, thats why my fav game right now is GUN.

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 248
Also, you MUST use an HDTV with at least 5.1 surround to actually see what it is like. I have seen 360 on many different TV's, and our 720p projector up north ROCKS YOUR FKN WORLD with graphics you wouldn't believe, 180 inch diagonal widescreen. :-)

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 249
If you suck at it, of course its no fun. If you whoop everyones a.ss headshotting like whoa, it's the best game ever made as of right now.

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 250
Besides, if it's not online, I won't play it.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1782
i guess ill chime in, the xbox has a faster processor than a ps2.... I think it was something like 733mhz... lets see if the new ps3 will be faster than the new 360.. cause i think thats atleast 1ghz now.. Someone CORRECT me if im wrong...

me personally, Ill stick to my super PC! with my ps2 style USB controller! IT KILLS BOTH old & new consoles....

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1390
i'm not great, but im not awful, but its stupid, i mean WTF is the point of it, to run around and shot alien ppl things, but anyways i'll stick with partying and hang with friends over playing these games anyday.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1783
^^^^^^^X10
I never owned a console in my entire life! I was given a Nintendo, Super Nintendo.... umm wasnt given anything else! Never played them, was always out having fun...

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 251
360 is 9.6 GHZ!!!!

3, yes count them, three!! 3.2 GHZ powerpc processors

PS3 has 1 Cell processor, at 4 GHZ with 8 fancy "helper" chips. Basically its a load of garbage and the 360 will beat it down with its simplicity and high bandwidth backbones to memory and gpu

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1785
thnks Lewass. even more than i expected.
3 processors, sweeet, multiprocessor pcb board.
ill pick the xbox easily then... only if i gamed...

i take it they plan on using the 360 for a long time now..

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 354
Now my turn to rant :-), If i ever here someone say that ps3 is better than 360 i wanna slap them. Hardware wise they both beat each other in diff. catagories but in the end are pretty evenly matched. Although someof the things on ps3 that beat the 360 are unneccesary/overkill...(like the 1gb wireless connection thing).

Halo is no fun unless you are playing with at least 4 people all on your own tv. Halo 1 LANS are fricking amazing it is by far the best video game i have everyplayed...and probably will ever play. As far as online play goes, halo 2 FTW, lost of people complain about the amount of cheating and stuff but thats gonna happen in any and every game, so let it go.

It's really gonna come down to the games....ps3 will have more, like 2 to every 1 for 360 or something like that but half of them will suck a$s. And more of the 360 games will be of quality so it will balance out. In addition most of the really good/important games will be on both systems with only a few games to seperatly define each console. 360 will have the Elder scrolls games, and of course the halo series. Ps3 doesn' really have any great games only for it, yes there are the gta games but those are always availible on xobx after a while, and Killswitch which was supposed to be a Halo killer sucked.

Basically, at worst 360=ps3 and
IMO 360>ps3

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 252
Yea these current gen (ps3 + 360) will be "the sh!t" until 2009 or 2010 depending on who u ask. So yea they are in it for the long haul. I hate how everyone is so focused on just the graphics. I could care less about graphics as long as its silky smooth frame rate and online play :-)

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 480
I personally, never liked Halo. I played it a couple of times and its NOTHING special you can cary 2 guns and drive vehicles nothing that EVERY other 1st person shooter game has, nothing differentiates it from every other shooter...cant level up, cant blow walls aparts...etc

And how can you say that they both have the SAME games?

Resident Evil, Final Fantasy X, X-2 if anything the games that came out on Xbox were PORTS from the Playstation version...I myself have a modded Xbox and I rarely play the Xbox games they are ok games for the system, but nothing that would make me buy the 360.

My bro bought the 360 and Condemed its OK nothing special.

the PS3 will have blue ray technology 360 is dual layer...so dual layer is waht..8 gigs, blue ray is about 20 or so (more I think) dont have to pay for online play, somthing like 10 times more powerfull then a pentium 4

I think it comes down to what games you prefer, if I like RPG types myself, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Killzone, Silent Hill....the only SWEET hit that most people can think of or come up with for Xbox is Halo...and I dont think one game is enought for me to spend $499 (Canadian)
Since there Gotham Racing doesnt even compare to GranTurismo for racing either...I think Microsoft will have a hard time "creating" good games

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 357
PGR3 gives GT a run for its money IMO but i'm not that into racing games. Didn't square enix or w/e the company that makes ff games say they are gonna bring it to xbox??? Oh and i did foget Resident evil and Metal Gear Solid....although resident evil isn't exclusive to ps2 (it was on gamecube too....) Xbox does have one amazing RPG, just wait when elder scrolls IV: oblivion drops it is gonna be amazing....

I am a fps fan and it makes up the majority of my
playing time and Halo is completly in its own category compared to any other fps....(i'm not just talking about halo 2, hale CE is the one that is better, more groundbreaking, and made the xbox.....)....I don't see how you can't tell a difference. The vehicle thing and dual wielding are ghey and i never use them when playing...its all about skill if you get into competitive play and putting that br crosshair right on the other players head and holding it their for 4 shots.... :-)

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 254
Dude Mike you just rattled off a whole list of your favorite games and none of them are online playable, so we are talking about somethign totally different.

Also if you gave Halo, or Halo2 a chance, you would see they are far superior to any other FPS to date.

I don't have time to play anything you can't just pick up and play. Halo2 I can turn on, play lag free on my 360, wireless controllers rockin, its pretty damn nice.

By the time PS3 releases more than a full year later, with graphics that are the same.... I don't see why you don't buy a 360 right now and be done with it... 360 will have amazing second tier games by the time PS3 releases with OK first tier games and the system costs way more.

It's all just opinions right now, but I have been following the news every morning at work about this, and you will see in the end, Microsoft will be number 1 in the video game industry before the next console generation. I don't even think Sony will still be around by the end of it. You all know how well sony's audio department is doing.... HA!

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 255
Yea I've been up to level 36 before in team slayer, and above 20 in like 5 or 6 other categories. So I know all about that 4 headshots ahah. My favorite is dropping an anticipatory grenade and shooting them in the head the exact second the grenade blows. It drops em from full health to dead instantly.

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 256
The thing that makes halo so great, is that everyone has the same exact guns, and the same exact armor and abilities, yet one skilled player could beat a full team of 8 noobs in a kill count game without even dieing... I can get placed into a game with noobs and I won't even die once. That is the true test of a game, if it lets the best players really show their true skills.

P.O.S. shooting games like Socom don't even separate the good from the best. No matter how good u get, the game just won't let you get better. Hard to explain but if you've ever played competively and actually gotten up the leaderboard a bit, you would know what I mean.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1391
this thread is all matter of opinion, some ppl are die hard playstation fans others are xbox fans, each consule will have its advantages and disadvantages, so its all up to the consumer, me personaly will stick with my ps2, since i play it mabey once every other week, i might buy a 360 or ps3 but only when the price is down to $150 or below then its only if i wanna waste money on something.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1080
will the ps3's sell for alot more on ebay the day they come out...

like how the xbox's did

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 560
i am gonna get one and sell it on ebay... LOL

it bugs me when people talk about the graphics are not that good on the 360, but it just came out. you all know that as the system gets older the games get more realistic. so saying that, ps3 will look exactly the same as the 360 when it comes out (grpahics wise). but at that point the 360 will have better graphics because it has been out for a longer period of time...

and you cant say that the graphics on the ps3 look amazing because the screen shots and the "previews" are always better than the graphics when they come out. thats what i think.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6607
Hey buy all 3 next gen consoles -lol

I like all those games that Mike listed EXCEPT 4 RPGs - DEF NOT my style , too slow 4 me .

I hardly play games like i used 2 - too many games available now & it all gets too generic too fast .

Only thing i play is racing games like NFS & fighting ....

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 107
Hey personally 360 has me P.Oed. You cant even hardlly get one where i live so im building a supergun.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 566
no one can get one right now, unless on ebay or sumthin

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 482
Yeah I know EVERY system launch has "bad" graphics...like PS2's launch were horrible, Xbox 360s aint so hot.... I just like the series that are on Playstation that I listed. RPG's are my thing, dont know why I just like getting like 70 hours out of a game before beating it!

You cant buy one where you live?? Wal-mart has about 30 sitting on the shelves, Futureshop has mabye 10 or so...lol.... Good ol' Okanagan

I played the 1st Halo quite a bit...I found it too repetitve, each ship or "inside" a building looked the same in like every level. I played a 16 player LAN party....thats was fun, I just found it got old fast.
Killzone is online and I thought it was an amazing game same with Battlefield 2 online, pretty fun.
I still see Halo as being equal to most FPS as nothing screams out to me as being new, or re-defined.
Killzone on the other hand I found very different. The game play made me fell like I was in the game, hiding in tall grass from the enemy, running past explosions (screens blurrs on the side when you run to emphasize the running and fear...lol, I love that), Bullets zipping by you
Enemys running away to team up or sneaking up behind you and blasting you....etc
Online game play is insane, I've never gotten wasted so fast in my life...lol guys are there are a little too hardcore for my tastes.

But I guess it comes down to games, personally I would see Halo as being the best Xbox game...nothing else really would be worth my time so far...Morrowind was a good one though.

As far as the specs PS# specs go it will have 1 chip (not three, 3.2) but one chip at 4.6GHZ
256 billion calculations per second
2.5MB of on-chip memory
Able to shuttle data to and from off-chip memory at speeds up to 100 gigabytes per second, and 234 million transistors

Blue Ray: around 50GB on a single disc

60GB 2.5-inch hard disc drive (HDD) May be shipped installed or may come as an add on they are not sure yet.

Sony confirms delay for next-gen console, says it will support an Xbox Live-like online gaming service;which would be called the "PlayStation Network Platform." Sony planned the "basic service"--which will allow online gameplay--will be "free."

References (lol)
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6145972.html

Sounds sweet to me....

Bronze Member
Username: Nztunez

NelsonNew Zealand

Post Number: 15
Ummm...I'd rather have a new RE XXX.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1791
Blue Ray: around 50GB on a single disc
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
little exaggeration.....

6 DVDs can fit on 1 Blue Ray Disc!
Now I need a BlueRay dvd writer for the computer...
http://www.blu-raydisc.com/

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 483
B, what do you mean little exageration? the site YOU provided clearly states largest capacity 50GB (also 6 DVDs)....shoulda watched 4 seconds into the intro video!!

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1831
50/4.7GB=10.6 GBs doing the math

but they said only 6 Dvds can fit 1 BRdisc... ??
50gb = 10.6dvds not 6dvds...

why would they say 6dvds? who knows... maybe the file system... maybe it only fits 50GBs if its compressed!

my bad on "exageration", but the site contradicts its ownself... lol

its a significant improvement, over DVD format, thats for sure! maybe I can backup my pc with 1000 of these... lol

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1832
i remember dreamcast using CDR disc 750MB... lol
now 1 BRdisc can store 100CDRs.....

we looking at 50gbs to 1 SINGLE DISC!! this is the future right now!

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 484
Imagine Blue Ray MP3...that would be just nuts 600 hours of music on ONE cd...(just made that number up) but it would be huge cause you can fit 10 hours on a 700mb disc

Username: Poc77

Post Number: 1
Well, as stated before this thread is still a matter of opinion. Just like "W7 vs L7". But when it all boils down to SPECS and Performance, the PS3 will win with a slight struggle. I'm not saying this because I am a Sony Vendor/Rep., , but because I actually pay attention to the details. B and /\/\ike, good research, but you left another thing. The Bluetooth technology. The design guys upstairs have so many ideas and reoccuring problems with the ideas, that it was the major reason why the initial launch was pressed back. (Note: the initial date would have been this upcoming Tuesday, 21 March 2006!) As for now the 360 has a better graphic response than the PS3, but that won't be a problem come June! And trust and believe, the Nintendo Revolution will be a better competitor for us that the 360 will be this Winter! Sorry Lewass! Ask and I'll explain. Theres much more information I would like to explain, but my job is more important than some bias opinions!
Signing off, Patrick O'Conner, SECA Rep., Charlotte, NC

Post Number: 2
bump

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1873
Pattrick u from Charlotte? me too..

Bluetooth is sweet, ive been using it for 3 years now, b4 all the hype... b4 headsets, I have bluetooh on my pc too..

so the sony ps3 will have bluetooth also, sweet... they can implement lots with that..

Post Number: 3
Well, I'm not originally from Charlotte. I'm from Harrisburg, PA. I'm down here for business right now. We're considering opening a large office branch for SECA, Sony, here in Charlotte. I'm currently acting as a Vendor for local businesses, Wal-Marts, Targets, EB Games, etc.. But yes, the PS3 will have Bluetooth Capabilities! I might sign on more often, my cousin, "Dontrell Harris" aka devastation101, introduced me to this forum. Pretty nice.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1877
Charlotte is where the business is man.... #1 growing city Nationwide.. Well you already know that... But also the fastest growing crime rate too....

Ive seen Dontrell Harris make a few post, he is cool with me.. so both u guys have car systems? Or trying to put 1 together..

Post Number: 4
Oh no, I'm not into the whole car audio scene. For a 29 year old, I'm pretty old-blooded! :-) I'm over at his place now using his connection over the Wireless Router. Well he has 2 Kicker speakers in his truck. I'll ask what they are in few. He just started a new forum thread, you can ask him for more specific details about his music. As for me, the wifey is calling for me, so I'll be on a later date! Well be good here in the QC, signing off!

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 485
Well Patrick O'Conner, I want to know all the details!
I've been a Nintendo fan, then a Sony fan and I just love the games that Sony offers. Also have a PSP, games are lacking a bit but They will only get better.
I know an "insider" for game developers(my girlfriends Cousin is married to a guy who develops games for EA).

But I would like to know as much as you could explain about the PS3 as I am eager about the launch!!
so PM me or just reply on here.

Thanks,

Mike
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us