Viper Remote Start

Username: Joevb

Post Number: 1
I have a Viper alarm (300+ or it is the Python 1500HF).

It has the remote start module and has worked fine for several years. Now when I use the remote to start the car the engine starts but the starter motor doesn't disengage. Has anyone seen this issue and have an idea what the fix might be?

THanks.

joe.

Bronze Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 88
sounds like it has lost its programming of tach signal possible problem with the unit it self

Bronze Member

Ont Canada

Post Number: 91
goto www.directed.com and look up the model and find the instructions for programming

Post Number: 2
I found that the tach input wire for the 6-pin remote start harness #2 isn't connected to anything. And I confirmed that is the problem by enabling the zero-cylinder switch. When this is enabled the truck will start and the starter does stay engaged longer than necessary to start the truck but it shuts itself off after 2 seconds. So, it is still bad on the starter.

So my questions is: does the tach input wire on the 6 pin harness need to be connected to the negative side of the coil or can it be connected somewhere else? I ask because I don't think I have a wire from my coil, through my firewall to the alarm. I am pretty sure the wire was connected to another wire for its signal but as of yet I haven't taken things apart enough to find the missing wire.

Thanks.

joe

Silver Member

Ont Canada

Post Number: 104
joe what kind of vehicle is it? and it could have been set to voltage sense most fords are programmed that way b/c the signal off the coil is to low on newer fords
or it could have been set to that b/c some one was to lazy to run the wire out to the coil pk or no time.
please let me know

Post Number: 3
Jay-

It is a 1992 Ford F150. I did find a wire that only seems to have voltage when the truck is running. I tried using that wire and even going through the learn routine again but no luck. This wire I found is very low voltage when the truck is running, about 10 millivolts. But it doesn't have that charge when the key is in the on position, only after the truck has been started does it have that voltage.

Thanks,
Joe

Post Number: 4
I fixed the problem.

The tach wire from the 6 pin harness went throught the firewall. I thought they ran a wire through the firewall to the harness so I was looking for a different colored wire.

Additionally, the tach input wire is purple/white and not plain white as stated in the manual. Once I put all this together I knew what to do.

Thanks for the help.

Joe
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us