Amplifier keeps blowing fuses!!! Help!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Otash

Post Number: 15
I have Pioneer GM-X862 2-Channel 760 Watts Car Amp and Pioneer 450 watt subwoofer (TS-w33). I installed it yesterday on my Nissan Altima. First tried to connect it to factory radio. Didnt find remote wire on it, so i connected battery wire to remote, it worked for 2 minutes and then fuses blew up. So i went and bought Pioneer radio with remote wire and subwoofer outputs. But when i connect everything amplifier fuses blow up in a second. I tried to add more wire to ground wire, replaced it to different places - SAME SHITT!!! Same system was working fine on my Jeep before!! I didnt change any cables! Please HELP!!

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1358
which fuses are blowing?? on the amps or the main inline fuse?? and are you disconnecting the negitive wire at the battery?? where are the gains?? maxed out or at an appropriate level??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
the fuses located on the amp, (2 X 25)are blowing, the main line is OK. I didnt disconnect the negative wire, the fuses blow when i turn the radio on. i put the LPF switch to off position, and the rest to minimum.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1364
sounds like something is crossed. have you ever gotten this amp to work??

2 25amp fuses are a little small for 760 watts of power, but if the gains are all the way down then they shouldn't blow on turn on, so that can't be the problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
i had it for 1 year, and it was working okay, on 25 amp fuses. i checked all wiring over, nothing!! May be when i connected the remote wire to the positive fuse it f**ced the amp up??

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 186
this happend to my audiobahn amp before as soon as i turned the radio on the fuses would pop, and i took it to a guy and i found out my amp was blown cuz sum wires were messed up inside the amp. It also ruined my sub it like sucked it inwards as soon as the radio was turned out but then the fuses blew. So ur amp could really be blown cuz it sounds like the EXACT same problem as what i had before.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us