hi there, i recently bought a alpin mrp-m450 amp and today when i turned it up, the fuse that is on the power line between the positive battery terminal and the amp blew. Now, is this only because the fuse was a 20 amp and in the manual it says to use a 40 amp? or do i have some sorta of a problem that i should be trying to fix with my wiring?
Try a 60amp fuse? i was always under the understanding that you should have a fuse rated at or a little under what the amp says. I believe that the wiring is ok. The wiring kit that i bought was rated to handle 550 watts.