Anybody have a stealthy HU install?

jmay
Unregistered guest
The problem with a removable faceplate is it alerts a potential thief that you probably have an expensive HU (and, more often than not, the missing faceplate is stashed somewhere in the vehicle). Does anybody have a more stealthy install that they wouldn't mind showing pics of?

I've toyed with the idea of removing the faceplate from my double-DIN factory HU and attaching it to the HU area with small magnets when my aftermarket HU isn't in use. The idea being that I doubt many thieves are going to break into a vehicle to steal an OEM HU, especially if there's nothing else in sight.

A more advanced idea would be design a retractable mount for the OEM faceplate. Anybody done this?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1171
you could always try to mount the aftermarket HU someplace else, like a center consol and leave the stock HU in place.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2201
http://home.comcast.net/~bill.lawrence/LinearPowerWebsite/web-content/html/bill1 .html

Username: Haroon2001

Toronto, On Canada

Post Number: 4
lol, what i did was hide it with my stock face plate ( broke it off) but it still works and it looks like its still stock too, and why would some one be interested in that right???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us