Can you run a mono amp with 2 DVC subs?

Username: Jusbechillin

Post Number: 1
I have a Rockford Fosgate Power 501BD. I have a 2006 chevy 2500HD Silverado pickup and I just ordered a sub box that holds 2 10" subs with .55 CF air space for each one. Now I was looking at some DVC subs. I heard they are much better than a single voice coil but im not too hip on all the technical stuff. So my question is.... can I run my mono amp to 2 DVC subs or do I need to stick with 2 regular subs? Also What ohm subs do I buy, 4ohm??? Also the mounting depth is 6 1/8", and is expandable to 6-5/8" if I add a 1/2 spacer. What subs would sound the best? I am looking for decent volume but it definetley needs to be clean. Any advice??

Username: Jusbechillin

Post Number: 2
Infinity Perfects are supposed to be really clean. I can only find them in 4 ohm DVC. would my amp power these?

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 684
DVC subs aren't nessecarily better than SVC subs they just have more wiring flexibilty w/ that amp you could go w/ a couple of different options one would be to get to 2 single 4 ohm voice coil subs that will wire to a 2ohm load for your amp. another option would be to get 1 dual 4 ohm sub and wire it to 2 ohms. and finally in order for 2 DVC subs to work w/ your amp you would need 2 dual 2 ohm subs to wire correctly for that amp.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1622
You need dual 4 ohm sub(2) and run that amp 1ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 688
that amp won't be stable @ 1 ohm so you will need 2 dual 2ohms subs or some of the other possibilities i mentioned above.

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 43
i think he's got a headache now. lol. stick with the basics for a mono amp. get 2 4 ohm svc subs. the amp will run stable at 2 ohms. as for recommendations, you could try cerwin vega v-max. not the new ones though. find the ones with the red rubber surround. they arent that expensive and sound real clean. (i have 2 in my trunk and they hit nice and hard)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us