Hearing damage/ear ringing

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 334
Is there something wierd about bass that keeps it from hurting your ears, or does it hurt them and you jsut don't know it cuase they don't ring. Because i just got back from my friends band show and my ears are ringing like a mutha fuckka, but whenever i crank the bass in my car my ears never ring afterwords. God i hope this ringing goes away before i have to go to sleep.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1409
Generally, the sound produced from a live performance at high levels will cause temporary titinus or ringing of the ears. If exposed to this type of sound level (especially the mid to treble ranges) for long periods of time, the titinus can become more permanent.

Bass frequencies can cause a "tinned" out ear, making your ears become steadly deafened to the lower frequencies causing you to continually turn them up. However, the human ear is MUCH less prone to the lower frequencies as it has adapted over the years, with the earliest adaptations to that of a thunderstorm, which in fact were the "booms" and "thuds" of yesteryear, that we so willingly subject ourselves to today!

Mostly though, beware of higher frequencies. Band performances produce a lot of them at high dB levels. ~100dB of mid-treble ranged frequencies is enough to cause hearing damage.

Titinus when it becomes permanent has lead some people to suicide because the ringing becomes so annoying and loud. But since yours was only temporary loudness, you shouldn't sustain any MAJOR permanent hearing loss as long as the muscles in the ear return to normal stature, and non of the hair cells in the ear have been broken off. Which, you can't tell yourself anyways, unless you are tested by an ear doctor.

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1062
it could be that they show was more direct and went strate to your ears and didn't hit anything like it does in a car

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6362
go 2 bed & if u wake up in morn & ur ears r still ringing then head 2 a doctor.......

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 523
im sorry, what

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1417
Well, there's not much a doctor could do. Once hearing is damaged, it's like that forever.

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 335
Lol when i used to be in a band (same band actually lol) i had the same thing after every practice, lasted for a week once it sucked so hardcore i was scared it wasn't gonna go away...thx for info tyler

The funny thing is that most the other people in the band say that they never get ringing anymore..it stopped a while ago for them, i'm guessing that means there hearing is alread effed...

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 577
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us