8 inch subs

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1238
ok, i've been looking at getting a couple 8's and was looking for some input on the following.

originally was looking at 3 JL8W7's
but they are really expencive, that'd be around $1100 for 3 off ebay, which i don't too much care for right now, and really don't like the serial numbers removed thing either. so i kinda ruled that out due to price, but its kinda my basis of comparasion.

4 Ascendant Audio Assassin 8's.
no experience with AA but have heard good things so far about the Assassin line. but how would that compare to the 3 8W7's??

3 SoundSplinter RL-i 8's.
they look like they would be nice and very close to the 8w7's at half the price $149 each. been looking for info on SoundSplinter as i have no experience with them either, but they sound like they would be a good choice too.

i was looking at the RE12.1 for the amp. its rated at 1200rms at 1 ohm, but have read its been tested to put out a little over 1400 rms.

not looking for SPL, but just SQ. all setups would be sealed.
(this was part of a longer thread, but breaking it up, looking for specifics)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5694
Image Dynamics ID 8s are some great ones for the money.

Bronze Member
Username: 225

H-Town, PA USA

Post Number: 56
Get two Crystal CMP's off of ROE. Only $85 a pop and they can handle 400 rms each. Great deal and supposedly they sound great.

afdsasf
Unregistered guest
Does anyone have a link to that 8" subwoofer challenge last year by Lloyd? Great Eight? Crazy Eight, something like that.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1239
i haven't seen any 8's by ID, they make some great stuff. i'll look into them, thanks Jonathan.

Bronze Member
Username: 225

H-Town, PA USA

Post Number: 57
http://forum.carstereos.org/showthread.php?t=45731&highlight=great+8+challenge

Here is the Great 8 Challenge.

Good stuff, I think I might pick up a Crystal CMP with my next paycheck, and see how it compares to my Type R.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1240
interesting stuff 12Oz. Mouse.

the ID didn't get very good comments, but did well in the tests. cone hitting tensil leads looks very possible from picture too. that can't be good. neither can touching together, lol. whole thing being magnitized sounds odd.

i've heard that the SoundSplinter rl-i 8 is a TC2+ motor, even though TC doesn't use that motor in an 8 inch sub. that rl-i 8 still looks great.

the Crystal CMP looks nice too and did well in the test, but how could i get one?? theres no one on the list even close to GA.

The AA Assassins just look cheap compared to these other subs. i'm kinda leaning towards the rl-i 8 right now.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1241
saw the other post where they are only $85 on ROE, nice price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us