Generic 12w6AE's on ebay by SPL ?????

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3211
http://cgi.ebay.com/JL-Audio-12W6-alternative-subwoofer-sub-woofer_W0QQitemZ5874 117356QQcategoryZ39771QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Whats the deal on this. I emailed the guy whos selling them on ebay and this is what he said.

Hi, Power Acoustik makes them I think. They come in boxes just like the JL's and they include a manual. Feel free to email me if you have any additional questions. Thanks for your interest.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2222
How can I trust this test?" Ok. Here's where I get to make my offer.

Buy it from me and try it out. If it doesn't compare the way you expected, send it back for a full refund INCLUDING SHIPPING! That's right, you get all your money back! This is how much I believe in these subs! What have you got to lose

cant you get them from millionbuy or someting for 50 dolars though?

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 164
I think millionbuy sold out of them when this was posted a couple weeks back. All of the specs on the SPL subs match exactly to the specs of the JL w6's. So in theory if you have the same Qts Qes Qms Vas Fs and so forth, doesn't that imply it is the same exact combination of components? Basically the same exact sub right?

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1542
Hmmm. Seems too good to be true, but they really do look the same, and his feedback is good. A power seller too... But I wonder what the build quality is like? Maybe someone should step up and grab a set and try 'em out.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5889
It is the same exact sub, i think somebody on the forums has them and he said that u can scratch some of the paint off and see the JL logo, on the basket or something like that

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 165
Here is some pictures of a 10". It is identical to the JL 10 w6AE in the pdf on JL's site.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3215
Sounds to good to be true. I second that. Its just hard to believe. I definetly want lewass to test this out and give us a run down of how it sounds. They look exactly alike and who said that if you scratch off the paint you could see a JL LOGO ?

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 172
I'm trying to build the box as soon as I can, I just got all the materials for it today. And I doubt there is still any JL logo's at all, the bottom of the motor is just a white sticker that is put on what looks to be a grinded down metal base.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1546
Hermm... Maybe I should order some, through 'em in a sealed box, dig my old RE 12.1 out and power 'em up in my work car...

(I have a feeling that'll happen, it just seems like a good idea...)

Username: Bassheadjosh

Utica, MI US

Post Number: 6
Thats very interesting. I'm quite curious of your verdict. I might order a few of em too just for kicks.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1292
don't wanna hijack this thread but jake, do you have the re12.1 amp? if you do how do you like it. i ordered mine tuesday, i've read on other forums of ppl saying they love it, its RE so im sure that has good build quality, and dave from RE said it can run .5ohms for burps.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1548
Yea, it's an awesome amp. I had it hooked to my friend's Eclipse Tis and they hit pretty d@mn hard. Puts out quite a bit more than 1,200 watts though... And it's just pure sexy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us