Need Help puttin CD player in 1999 Cadillac....PLEASE HELP!!

Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 2
I got a 1999 CAdillac Seville, and everythings perfect, except my system. The factory ones good, but not what im wantin, b/c i plan on adding 3 15" L7s and a couple amps. I have a new HU to put in and replace the factory BOSE, but when i went to hook it up, no sound would play. I figured the rear 12" wouldnt play b/c it goes through a factory amp. But, now it turns out that theres another box mounted next to the subwoofer amp, and it controls the front speakers, this is where i get lost. I was told that i must remove this or sumhow bypass is in order to add my new HU, or just re-run the wires to all the factory speakers, which would be a pain. So can ANYONE help PLEASE!!???

Bronze Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 95
You've probably got cables taking the signal from your factory cd player back to the amplifiers, then speaker cable from there to all of the speakers. You can either get an adapter to just hook up your cd player to the factory harness, but then you'll be amplifying it both with your HU and the external amps, so it'll be twice as loud at each volume setting and sound like crap. You might be able to hook it up to the pre-outs on your HU so you're still using the external amps. If you want to run the speakers off just the HU and no longer use the external amps, you're either going to have to run all of your speaker wires too the back, then connect them to the corresponding speaker wires coming out of the amplifier, OR you can just rewire all of your speakers directly to the HU. I had to do this in my 93 probe gt because of it's external amp. It was a b!tch, but in the end it sounded better than going through that crappy factory amp. I'm not sure how high of quality your factory sound system is, but it's your choice.

Kentucky

Post Number: 5
It's a pretty descent system. The BOSE premium, and for factory it had a hella lot of bass. But not enuf for me. I may rerun all the wires. Would it sound like crap if i ran speaker wire from the HU to the trunk where the facotry amp is and then hooked those wires to the speaker wires that were originally hookd up to the amp??

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1507
first off, the Bose dose not mean for the radio, it has to do with the speaker system in the car. You may need to change the speakers in order for them to work , some bose systems speakers have amps at the speakers, if not you will have to bypass the amp just wire the way you said, there is no difference in sound quality.

Kentucky

Post Number: 8
Looks like thats what I'm going to do then. I think it'll work just as well that way, and upgrading the wires shouldnt hurt ne thing, especially if i plan on changing them out later. I plan on adding a 7" or 6.5" Double DIN screen sometime by summer. So if anyone knows which ones are cheap but still good quality lemme kno.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 596
Yeah man just run it the way i told you to run it in the other post you had in the subwoofers sections ... my Cadillac is a 96 Seville so heads up for the Sevilles Baby ( altho i would rather have a 99 Deville LOL )

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 11
HAHA. Me too, i love the big bodies. I was lookin at a 2001 Lincoln Towncar before a i got the Seville. I see u from houston, u ridin vogues and swangs?? or stuck like me still on stock. Im tryin to save a lil and grab sum 20" Lexanis comin off this DeVille, but it'll b a min. Its startin to get warmer here, so im bout to start in wit the car, try and copy that post for me, cuz i cant find it, and forgot exactly wat it said, I did try and get to the processor thing the other day, but couldnt get it unbolted, as theres no way that i can find to get to the bolts, w/o taking out the whole backseat.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 598
the head unit you pulled out wasnt the only part of the head unit because the part in the trunk is just an extension of the unit you pulled out of the dash ( just think of the dash stereo part as a complicated large face plate )so what you need to do is find the other part which shouldnt be too hard just look for what your electronic antenna is plugged into because the antenna plug isnt in the dash its plugged into the part in the trunk so you will also need to run a plug for that up from the trunk to the dash Din where your stereo resides but once you find this part then unplug the Wire loom going into it an plug a cadillac stereo wiring harness into that plug an hook your stereo up to that an it will work because right now ur trying to hook it up to the wires coming from the AMP/brain of the bose stereo so all you should be getting is power to the stereo but nothing else

see what they did on them is run all the wires for speakers an everything then hooked that harness into the Amp/Brain then ran Wires from
the AMp/brain up to the Dash's stereo Din so wireing ur stereo up to the wires coming from the amp which are in the din wont work, you have to unhook the Harness going into the Amp/Brain an plug the after market color coordinated wiring harness into that to bypass the entire bose system then to get new wires up in the din you have to run wires from the trunk to the din from the after market harness you just hooked up

Its still a bit of work but its easier then taken off door panels and the rear panel that the speakers in the back are under an running all new wires from everything

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 599
But Ty Mutlow is right about what he said about the Speakers haven Amps connected to them, i forgot all about that because i was changing speakers an Hu when i did mine so i only cut the wires off of them an Ran it the way i would have run any speakers..i know the 99's are different from the 96's but im pretty sure you will still have the small amps connected directly to the Speakers so you might run into the complications Ty mutlow mentioned

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 600
Bose Systems are a real Pain in the AS*...i didnt wanna do the work so took it in to three different places before one of them was willing to do it an knew what to do an the one that did know wanted to charge me 300 bucks to do the work so i just went home an got my lazy AS* out there the next day an did it all myself

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 601
an to answer ur question, i have 20 inch's on mine right know because the stock rims just couldnt Cut it LOL

Bronze Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 19
I'm waitin on 20s and 2 JL 15s. Guy holdin em for me, but it aint lookin good, ive been savin up but ive caught 2 speeding tickets this month and ima have to sell my system to pay em off and may get a 30-60 day suspension on my license. If i do im going to use that time to completely strip down my car and rewire all the stereo, upgrading to 0ga., new wire to door speakers, and replacing them, etc. U got ne pics of ur lac??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us