Kicker cvr's

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_botello

Muskegon, MI USA

Post Number: 19
ok i have 2 cvr 12's in a sealed enclosure and it sounds ok but i think it will be louder in a ported so i did the accelerator pedal thing and i think it looks like it would work but not sure.. so can someone tell me if it looks okay.. thanks

oh i have one more question when i get my other amp i am going to wire them in series for a 2 ohm load but then if i do that i will only be able to use one terminal right? so my question is is there anyway i can wire them together for a 2 ohm load and still use both terminals? i asked this before but didnt really get a answer so i'll ask again... thanks

Bronze Member

Muskegon, MI USA

Post Number: 20
ahh i forgot to put the link.. nevermind about that sorry but can someone answer the second question about the wiring please..

Bronze Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 19
are they dual 4 or dual 2 ohm. what do you mean terminal?

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 467
and yes, they will sound much better in a ported. mine are in a ported

Bronze Member

Muskegon, MI USA

Post Number: 21
they are dual 2 and i am wanting to wire them to a 2 ohm load and the box that i have now has both left and right terminals for the sub to hook in too but if i wire them in series to a 2 ohm load could i somehow still use both sets of terminals.. oh and by terminals i am talking about what the speaker wire hooks into..

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 666
wire each speaker is series. to do this add a wire from voice coil 1+ to voice coil 2- on each speaker. take the remaining + and - to the speaker terminal on the box. then hook a wire to each speaker terminal on box and run them to the amp and hook them togather. this will give you a two ohm load. goto kicker.com and look in the manual for your speaker and it will have a diagram thats easier to understand

Bronze Member

Muskegon, MI USA

Post Number: 22
i thought if i wired each in series they would each have a 4 ohm load

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 679
thats right. then when you connect them togather at the amp it becomes a two ohm load. if you series resistance then the ohms goes up. if you parallel them then the resisance goes down. in this case 4ohm and 4ohm in parallel gives you a two ohm load.

Bronze Member

Muskegon, MI USA

Post Number: 23
ok i think i know what ur sayin.. i will try that then.. thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us