Big problem

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 181
I was driving around the otha day and i got a flat tire so i had to take my sub box out of my trunk but then the next day i put my sub box bak in my trunk ready to hook it up but everytime i turn the radio on the fuses pop in my amp i even tried to restrip the wires goin to my amp and it did it again. i blew 12 fuses and idk what else to do. I'm trying to think why the fuses keep popping because it never ever did anything like this before. What is some of ur opinons of what could be happing. My only guess would be sumthin touching medal but idk what it would be. ok then i remember when i unhooked the box the speaker wires that go into my sub box did touch eachother and started to spark a lot and every since then it been acting up. but the main think i wanna know is why when i hook my amp up to a sub now it sucks the subwoofer inward and just stays like that, thats what happend to my l7 and now its like solid rock .and i tested my amp on my friends l5 and it sucked his sub in to but we i turned it off fast b4 it ruined anything?

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Post Number: 150
i guess your amp went PHHHHHHTTTT!!!!!!! i hate you...

you need a new amp... if it's under warrenty you can send it back... get it repaired.. just say you dont know what happened

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 183
im guessing my l7 is fried then to cuz it stays sucked inwards and its a solid rock :-(

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
yea... it's prolly a simple fix too... you more than likely fried a single component inside.... like a transformer or something

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 184
how would i fix that would i have to go through the whole process of sending it in or is there a easy way to fix it urself

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
well.... theres not really an "easy way persay"

but it can be done at home with some tools..

get a Multi meter and test each peice out... there is a function that if the circuit is complete you will get a reading... if not.. it's prolly broken.... you may even see a molten point

get online and dig up the service manual...

when you find the bad parts.. take them out and replace them.. start with simple looking things closer to the speaker outputs...
diodes, transistors, capacitors then move on to like transformers, PNP connectors ect..
i would see about weather or not you still have a warenty 1st... cause once it's been disassembled the waranty is void.. and yes they will know...

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
oh sorry.. you wanted to know the process for geting it fixed if you have a waranty... go to the website of the product you blew... call the customer service line there... have you ramp around so you can feed them the serial number off of it... it could be good still.. you dont know... if not ask them if there is a local authorized service center you can take it too and they can give you an estimate on how much it would be to fix it

Anonymous

yes i think it does.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 839
This is why some people do not deserve to be allowed to mess with things.

Its people like this that ruin everything. Careless ignorant people should be treated like imbecils. Lock em up till they start to have respect.

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
dont be too hard on em... it was his mistake and he paid for it and lost his amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us