Sub "Pop"? shattered my rear window

Username: Q_1966

Post Number: 1
I was playing my system very loud (I have a MA Audio (Digital) Amp and 2 Pyramid Original Subwoofers) and cut the engine out and then what sounded like a very low gunshot, so I got out to look, only to find that my rear windshield had cracks (almost like a 1/4" grid pattern)over my entire rear window and my hatch of my car and when I closed my door part of the windshield fell out, I replaced the rear window and hooked my sub back up and everything works fine, can someone tell me if this is a common occurence or what it was

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 668
YOU FU.CKEN LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

can we see some pictures? or did it shatter the lense on your fu.cking camera to!!!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5751
It must have been a real gunshot, because no way ur subs did that

Bronze Member
Username: Gage

Post Number: 34
no i was there and i did the same thing with my lanzars lol my a.$.$ this guys liying his a.$.$ off

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 541
Someone probably threw a rock at his car because his system sounded like Crap

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 724
Chauncey - I was thinking the same thing. Rofl.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1485
*sneaks away, slingshot in hand*

Silver Member

Post Number: 726
Chauncey - I was thinking the same thing. Rofl.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2496
you should get those pyramid subs metered. i bet those bad boys can do 150+ easily.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1289
lol, this is funny as hell...

"I was playing my system very loud (I have a MA Audio (Digital) Amp and 2 Pyramid Original Subwoofers) and cut the engine out and then what sounded like a very low gunshot, so I got out to look, only to find that my rear windshield had cracks (almost like a 1/4" grid pattern)over my entire rear window and my hatch of my car and when I closed my door part of the windshield fell out, I replaced the rear window and hooked my sub back up and everything works fine, can someone tell me if this is a common occurence or what it was"

^^^^^^^^^^^^ BULL SHHH!T^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have set off car alarms by just turning my system off, but not what you describe, and my system will kill yours, then burry it under the sand!!!

he is talking about the BOOM when the amp loose power without turn off HU first...

Bronze Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 30
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2240405
my car hits 167 db without reinforced windows and i still dont blow my windows even at the comps so i know your just bs about all of this.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 305
r u selling the car with the system in it as is matt cuz i might trade u my car http://www.torinocobra.com/guest_htm/travis_johnson.htm

Bronze Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 31
Yes all audio equipment is included and is in perfect working condition. Let me get back to you on the trade. I'm really just tryig to get money but considering trades. So ill post back within 24 hours

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1955
"Someone probably threw a rock at his car because his system sounded like Crap "

thats what i was thinking lol

no offense buddy, but theres no way your system would do that.

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 339
Congrats everyone you have given this idiot just what he wants attention! I mean C'mon you Know how these people are...

shure those sub would do that when Upload

Anonymous

wheres the pics?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 848
hey guys common, don't be like that to him. just let him know that his subs SUCK AS$ and they coudln't blow a feather out of a port. and that your front and rear windows are tinted with special tint that keeps them from breaking. especially like that. so all we have to say is "when your done trying to sound big and cool, try and show pics and come up with a better lie then try and say stuff like that"

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1083
my vote goes for the someone threw a rock through the window because it sounded like crap. pictures??

Bronze Member
Username: Gage

Post Number: 37
i wonder how loud you would have to get to do that

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2520
do what? have someone throw a rock through your windows?

Bronze Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 36
Well at certain tones you can make the glass shatter real easy. havent you ever seent he opera lady and the glass lol. I dont know exactly what note you have to hit to break glass but I'm sure you could break glass with a special speaker or something made for insane tones. As far as subs i'm guessing somewhere in the 170db to 180db is when you should start worring beacuse thats the range of most cars at the comps with the reinforeced plexiglass windows and all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 735
You could make glass shatter at any tone, really.. However, it has a natural resonance (depending the shape, thickness, etc) frequency at which it will vibrate very easily. (everything has it's own resonance) What causes glass to shatter, is simply it being vibrated so fiercely, it breaks.

http://www.acoustics.salford.ac.uk/acoustics_world/glass/glass.wmv

ted bill jill
Unregistered guest
would the real ted bill jill please stand up please stand up!lol! I love slim shady you guys I wana be a wigger to !!

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 586
wow this guy got shot down pretty bad...

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 686
ahahhhahahah......poor fellow,im sure hes feeling like a real original a$s right about now..

OH and "S."....i hope u learned ur lesson about talkin sh!t around people who know better

lol

Windex
Unregistered guest
More on the breaking glass bit..
They did an episode on Mythbusters about it.

http://www.meyersound.com/news/2005/myth_glass/

They had a guy shatter a wineglass using his voice alone with no amplification or anything. Glass shattered @ approx. 113Dbs (from my memory)

Bronze Member
Username: Buckshot

Post Number: 42
has anyone here actually tried to shatter or even break a window? its not really that easy when i was switch motors out of a wrecked car we tried to break the windows its not as ez as it sounds like NOL1M1TSOLD1ER said theres a special tint so that it wont do it when u wrecked... and the wrecked car i pulled my engine out of hit a tree in the left front quarterpanel and the windsheild isnt shattered just cracked a bit....

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 243
Hey thems my PIGS, lol..

Did someone say @SS? Upload

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 370
I have an uncle that shattered his front window with an A/C on a hot day about 15 years ago.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1305
lol, speacial tint? << ?? ANY TINT!!!
Tint sticks to the glass on the inside, so when glass goes poof, glass and all tiny peices stay stuck to the back of tint.

^^^ thats whats get people systems stolen....
because when they pop the glass, you cant even here it break!! it just shatters, but remains stuck to tint!

"has anyone here actually tried to shatter or even break a window? its not really that easy"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
James had you guys try with a spark plug??? lol / NOT that hard to pop glass.....

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 253
I remember back in my Hooligan days the thing was pieces of porcelain (spark plugs) it works but barely, better in a wrist rocket. The esiest way was a spring loaded center punch, pop any window. I remember when they first come out with tempered glass, I hit this guys side window with a cinder block and it bounced off and broke my toe! You have a better chance of blowing a window seal and pushing it out then shattering it all together. Side windows are easier to break especially if they are opened slightly, back or front, forget it..JMHO..Polo.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2020
i tried to break a piece of ceramic into a small piece to flick it at a piece of glass and see if the mith was true that it will spider the glass without noise... i didnt get that far, i sliced the hell out of my hand when i was trying to break a small piece of ceramic off of a ceramic tile. it was so sharp i didnt even realize it until i noticed blood everywhere.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1784
umm boys...whats this whole ceramic myth or watever...explain it lol, im guesing it will be fun to try

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2025
the myth is that if you take a small piece of ceramic ( could be from a spark plug, but i stupidly tried to brak a piece off of ceramic tile) and flick it at a cars window it will spyder the glass without making enough noise to set off a glass sensitive alarm. therefore you can steal all there stuff wihout setting off the alarm

Silver Member

Post Number: 713
i used to jack cars. and if you guys think its too hard to break glass. then you guys are fukin weak!

Anonymous

u big liar ^^^ only u prolly use 2 jack is ur tiny dick

Silver Member

Post Number: 715
anonymous
Upload
believe me if you want to.

Bronze Member
Username: Roy_t

Post Number: 15
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
CLOSE THIS THREAD !!!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 2

Upload
I'm not lyeing

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 3
I wasnt Lyeing, nor was I trying to draw attention to myself, I was simply trying to get some insight on what happened, because I do not feel like paying $200 to replace my rear windshield again

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1371
some super strong pyramids you got there, maybe i should trade in my subs for them 2 things..
=D

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1372
they sell diffrent types of windsheild, ask them for a stronger reinforce glass when you get the newer one. But I seriously cant see you blowing the glass again. I still think someone shot a bb gun at it! Sometimes glass just pops on its own, may not have even been your system!! I had a glass on a suburban side door just pop, while driving down the road, into little peices. That stuff just happens randomly some times.

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 139
that glass u have is about 23-24 yrs old on ur mustang so im guessing that played a role in it but i still cant see those subs doing that sorry man

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 101
Hey S( I AM GUESSING THE S IS SHORT FOR SORRY A&$ LIAR)to start your very first post with a lie, for shame.LOL

Bronze Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 28
yes, shame on you for telling such a lie......

but anyway, the spark plug thing, me and my buddies in high school used to go around with spark plugs and break out windows. Not really for any reason but we were just bad kids then. I will tell you it depends on how fast you throw it at the window if its gonna make a big sound or not. If you whip the piece of spark plug at the window it will cause the window to blow out and the noise will be from the window blowing back. But if you manage to just flick the piece at the window to where the window just spiders, it will only spider and you will have to push the little pieces out of the way. It is wierd how it works but i heard that it works because the spark plug is alot denser than the glass. If you get a chance try it sometime at a junkyard or something...its kinda fun....lol

Silver Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 105
Yeah it's possible that it happened, he lives in BC so there can be pretty big changes in temperature. A window can shatter on it's own just from it being cold overnight, then having the sun warm it too quickly in the morning. So that combined with a slight vibration from a crappy sub could break it. And like greeneye said, 23-24 years doesn't help anything.

Dicky
Unregistered guest
wow Matt...your car looks like $hhit

Bronze Member
Username: Devastation101

Post Number: 17
I still don't believe it, far as we know you could have searched for a "broken rear window" pic on google! lol How about you take a pic from the inside! It's hard for me to believe that!

Bronze Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 45
Thanks dicky, your cool.

First off this isnt a "lets bash everyones car" thread because straight up I bet your car is a pyle. Secondly I own a body shop and have several nice cars also known as show cars. I don't know if youve noticed but your on a car audio page if you want to see my show cars go to importpost.com or hondaknights.com or byondlimits.com or streetfire.net but here its sound. This car is not a show car it was picked up for $100 and I threw in a killer system just to set a record. If you want I'll widebody the buick and paint it pink, oh and maybe some suicide lambos ehh would that be more your style? I love how unregisterd guests talk so much $hit. Get registered and show some pics of your ride if youve even got one.

Anonymous

you and that anon can bitc back and forth all the fck you want or you could just prove us all wrong and show the damn pics of your car! were not looking for us to tell all about how cool your cars are, we just want to see your damn car and system cuz we dont believe you ffs..

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Post Number: 152
Upload

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 528
Wow,who gives a fu.ck if it's real pic or not just answer the fu.cks question. Fu.ckin WoW.

Bronze Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 50
anon are you talking about me cause this post isnt about my car in the first place and I already have my pics up by the top on the link to my cardomain. I got nothing to prove I have a record and I have a sound comp car with all the pics included. S is the one thats a lieing fcker. But this Dickey is bashing my car for no reason which is uncalled for.

Bronze Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 24
breaking glass quietly with ceramic sounds interesting. how do you get the ceramic off the spark plug. or do you just flick hole thing? and do you have to do this to an already cracked windshield, what do you mean by where the windshield spiders?

Unregistered guest
pyramid/Legacy may not be a pocket breaker like most of the pocket stealing companys out there that make speaker and subwoofer audio. I know first hand that they do perform really good with clean power. some of you little new school boys don't know crap when you see it. but I am old school and seen who has been around for many years and seen the companys start out good gone bad. pyramid has been around since the 80's..They may not have some of the cleans powerd amps some i may say. but they do got some nice eq's/crossovers/ and super pro sub's/ tweeters/ midranges/.Like every company out there that got a line up from top too bottom in class. fosgate has a bottom class/top class same for others. know matter in what brand you got.. It's all at finger tip and fine tuning. If your not building/installing it yourself why talk crap your not a tech so what you really know. So keep it clean if you want it to sound mean ..rockford fosgate punch 500.2 old school running (2)pyle 12's new waves@ohm4(2)mtx 10's blue thunders@ohm4 to make (2 ohm stereo) (1)pyramid super pro PW18110USX 18''1000 Watt Woofer@4ohm mono. in a 48x16x36 self made and tuned port enclosure 32hz..that amp drop these woofer like it hot boy. new fresh windsheild seals in my van is a must. i got a old school Mei 300wattx2 amp driving my (2)super pro 6in midbass 6tweeter & 6midranges that are Legacy LT18 Car Tweeter Legacy LM57 Midrange Speakers. I will run with anyone in my watt range which is 1800watt give or take at the ohms i am running lol. I'll bring you down.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2179
no you dont chuck the whole spark plug lol. you break off a ceramic piece. and no the glass cant be broken already. what would be th point of breaking into a car thats already broken into? lol. you know when glass brakes but doesnt go everywhere. it just looks like a spider web.... thats what there tlakin about spidering glass.

and bassslapurface- good installs means alot, but its a whole lot easier when you start off with good products... and i highly doubt you could keep up with any1 in ur power class. SQ or SPL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 531
i'll have to try that

Silver Member

Post Number: 816
why p1mp? you gonna start jacking cars like me too?

Silver Member

Post Number: 535
no just the sh.it i want inside, maybe if it was a lambo

Silver Member

Post Number: 819
yeah me too.

you wouldnt believe how many people leave their door unlocked though. thats how i get my cds.

Silver Member

Post Number: 539
some fu.ck robbed my friends truck and took all his cd's but never took his wallet or his whole hu they only took the faceplate

Silver Member

Post Number: 822
hahah.

my cunado(brother in law) got his cds jacked too. they also jacked his sledge hammer. all just becuz he left the dor open.

Silver Member

Post Number: 541
My carhartt, got robbed in baltimore when i was working,in the carhartt was my leatherman knife and one of my zippos, i went inside the costemers house for 5 min came back out n it was gone, those p.o.s motherf.uckers in b-more will steel your eyes if there worth anything

Silver Member

Post Number: 825
wtf is a carhartt?

Silver Member

Post Number: 543
wow pelon, it's a jacket

Silver Member

Post Number: 827
lol. i thoght it was a sum kind of car.

did they jack you while you had the jacket on?

Silver Member

Post Number: 544
quote by Pim.P i went inside the costemers house for 5 min came back out n it was gone.....................meaning i left the car and my sh.it was gone when i returned to the car.....

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 302
Funny, I grew up with the old school sh!t, Pyramid was SH!T THEN AND IS SH!T NOW!! It wasn't even equal with Jensen and they were SH!T too, lol. Funny, now that I look back, all we had was SH!T compared to what we have now... :-O

Silver Member

Post Number: 548
isn't pyramid and pyle the same company or arent they merged or some sh.it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us