Box for 2 Alpine Type R 12"s

Bronze Member
Username: __nick__

Post Number: 27
I have 2 ALpine Type R 12"s and a Hifonics BX 1505D amp. I ordered them online so i don't have the box yet, I'm going to bestbuy tomorrow to get it all installed. Should I buy a Sealed Box or Vented. What's the difference? What are your box recomendations for the subs I have?

Bronze Member
Username: Djbeanpole

Naptown, Indiana USA

Post Number: 96
I used to have mine in a sealed box it sounded ok. Then I had them put into a custom box and let me tell ya, I have to have the bass knob at about 1/4 what it used to be and it still gets as loud as when it was in sealed w/ knob all the way up. I'd say ported. And i'd also say don't let best buy do the install... bunch of kids...

Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 7
go ported nick it will hit very hard lol
the difference;sealed will be very tight depending on how big the box is and the ported or vented box will be boomy and loud. where abouts do u live nick?

Bronze Member
Username: __nick__

Post Number: 28
Well won't the subs be loud enough as it is with 2 of them and 1500 watts running to them? I definetly want it loud but I'd rather have tight and clear bass. Will the ported change how clear and tight it is?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2658
when i had my type Rs i had them in a ported box first. that sh!t got loud but i wasn't happy with the sq. so i changed it to a sealed and that sounded good. bass to mid transition in my car was alot better in sealed. it still got loud in a sealed box too.

Bronze Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 11
nick go sealed but get the box a little bigger then specs itll be loud and tight/ poted wont be as tight
and clear

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 571
yea i would go sealed to
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us