Cheap sub set up

Bronze Member
Username: Adddisorder

Post Number: 50
ok i need a sub and an amp for well pretty cheap with as good of quality its going to get for cheap...i was thinking of getting a 2 chan. amp and bridging it and then for the sub a 12''. and just building my own box...anyone have any recomendations?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5164
what exactly is cheap? to some cheap is $1500 and to others it's $150 I need a little more info on your budget and if ebay is a option?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
ok good point...well cheap as in prefoably under 200...and yeah i love ebay...so thats in.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1431
You'd be better off saving your money and being patient and buying something of desent quality. You get what you pay for now adays, you spend 200 on a system, it probably wont sound any better if not worse then whats already in your car.

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1781
if you want something cheap...get a couple of kicker cvr's

Bronze Member
Username: Ironslave

Post Number: 47
well... i could suggest getting a Kenwood Amp... i have a KAC-7202... ive seen em online at around 117$ 460X1 RMS @4Ohms i dunno if it actually works at that rating but i am satisfied with it... than get on ebay and snatch up an infinity 1230W for 29$ Plus shipping.

allthough i havent had issues with it yet... the sub is a 300RMS sub... and the amp is 460 RMS

the sub hit so well i acctually had to turn it down.... :-)

it needs a 1.25 CFT sealed box with an 11.25 cutout. they have a 1.25 CFT box at walmart for 30$ i think it was... but i dont know the cutout.. they have 500 watt wiring kit for 25$ too. however dont buy ANY of their subs or amps.

overall i was pretty satisfied

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5862
Buy 1 http://ascendantaudio.com/assassin12specs.html
= 75 bux

& 1 http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2426

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
ohhh go with Rovins deal... ittle cost a lil more by the time your done with your setup.... but that would work better

Silver Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 113
Look into a type r. If you like ebay, you could find one new for a little over $100. A lot of guys will say there's better subs for the same or cheaper, but the type r's are a solid, loud good sounding sub, and they look so much better in my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 318
are those assassins really that good of a sub, ppl have really good things to say about em. i have never heard one personally. their only 75 BUCKS? and are they sq, slp, or sql subs. are they better than infinity perfect series? and polk momo?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5873
he has a pair of em
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/202063.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
well... the 1230's i have are loud.... the SQ is great... and the SPL is ok.... you can actually feel the SPL when you drive...

allthough they really arent designed to be SPL speakers... they are refrence series subs though... not perfects... they have a bad history of the lead wires breaking... they arent coated.. they are budget subs.. but unlike other budget subs they still have quality to them...

i have a friend with perfects and they are pretty sweet... but they are picky when it comes to boxes... they are best sealed...

in my opinion Polk momo arent worth it... but I agree with brett about the Type R's they are good subs...

youl still need a wireing kit and need to build your box though... does your 200$ budget include these things or just sub and amp?

i would go with the assassin over the infinity though... i just ordered a CDT-CL1215S4 though..
found it on ebay for 60$ never used one before but it is on the highly reccomended portion for the Good bad ugly list. i hear they have some of the best SQ and it still has a good SLP profile too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
oh and also... i was looking at those kicker cvr's today at an audio store... they are way tight... sound good but no SPL... in my opinion... maybe just the stores setup though...

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5875
Yeh Rs r damn good subs imo
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/189456.html

but since he wanted 2 spend 200 bux on both a sub/amp it really limits his choices unless u buy a used R on ebay or sumtin . Ebay would be the best option 4 budget good/decent stuff though ........

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 943
I have 2 RE12's and a Kicker 450.2 to run them for sale for $300+ shipping if you are interested.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
how much for just the 2 REs

Bronze Member
Username: Judgedredd

Post Number: 29
I have no personal experience with the polk's but everyone tells me great things about them. Personally I don't like the name..lol...but i would definately save up my money
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us