Which sub should i choose

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 317
which sub would be better i have the polk momo mm2124 right now. IF i upgrade, should i get the mm2124 DVC version or the infinity 12.1d. i want a DVC sub so it would be getting more power closer to it power requirement. and other sub reccom. would be great too! around $175 bucks new and its gonna be in a ported box.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1849
12 inch RE SE? maybe
assasin...stay away from polk...also that infinity be a good choicde too

Bronze Member
Username: Ironslave

Post Number: 51
yea i would go with the infinity too

Silver Member

Post Number: 319
on another post u said the infinity is better in a sealed box. how bad would they sound in a properly set up ported box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
well... the are too loose..too much boom, a lot of lingering on the really heavy stuff. SQ was still Ok though

in a properly setup ported box the SQ would be good... as ive heard them.. but the SPL would be kinda disapointing though.. in my opinion

i didnt see that part about ported.. in that case i would probably go with something else...

but this is all based on the 1230w Reference the only ones ive used... I Love em sealed.. they sucked ported though... but these are nowhere near the Kappa's Quality

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
and like he said stay away from polk

Silver Member

Post Number: 320
why do you say stay away from polk. just for learning purposes. i have one right now ported. sounds ok but if the kappa perfect is better in sq and spl ported, then ill get that

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5878
Look @ Image Dynamics IDQ series - reported 2 have gr8 SQ if thats what u want ......

Silver Member

Post Number: 321
ok i was looking for sql but more on the sq side but i do want it to be louder than all my other fiends, since im the car audio guru to them (not bragging. im still learing, just faster than they are)

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
also is the infinity kappa perfect 12.1d the best bang for the buck? round $175 for one. or is their something that out performs it for less $. not a big fan of used stuff either. although i did get a 300/4 off ebay for like 125. got it tested and i love it for my components.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
yea if your looking for great SQL dont get a 1230W infinity reference.. thats all i can say... sorry but i know nothing about the kappa when they are ported....

hmm i gotta think of a good idea for you... whats your box specs? (square feet port dimensions)

Silver Member

Post Number: 325
for the kappa 12.1d i was going for a traezoid box type to go flush with my backseat. 1.5 cf and a port tuned to 32-33 hz. i want to keep the box size relativly close to 1.5 too. due to space.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us