Case Resolved: Court for White Neon Underbody.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 717
This is the copy of the ticket the DA gave me to give to the clerk, as well as for my own records. (circled in red the whole "court mandatory" box, lol.)

Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 720
The cop had it on video where my lights appeared blue.. But I took in one of the neon tubes from the kit, as well as my invoice reciept, (arctic white is the color listed), and pictures of my car. Then explained to the DA how Neon tubes cannot change color, that it's LED's that are able to do that. Heh.

And just like that, the charges were dropped.

Bronze Member
Username: Jbump

Nebraska City, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 96
Lol, here where i live you can get a ticket on any kind of underglow you have, it depends on the cop or how bored they are getting... My mom is on the citizen police thing so i get in on all the stuff my friends don't know.. heh

Silver Member

Post Number: 722
Nevada.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2494
hey seth how strict are they about exhaust in nevada.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1294
great Seth, the system got mad, that you pleaded not guilty; they just expect 85% of the people to plead guilty! even if they are right or wrong!

im really glad you faught this man!

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Trinidad & Tobago West...

Post Number: 230
Yes! at least someone decided to fight the law instead of giving up lol F^CK THE POLICE!! And keep doing your thing seth.

Silver Member

Post Number: 727
Oddly enough about exhaust, well, at least the city I live in, there are no noise ordinances.. (that I'm able to find), however, you could still always be written a BS disturbing the peace I guess. I do know as far as emissions go, they're not nearly as bad as cali, nowhere close..actually if you buy a new car in NV, and you're from cali, you actually have to get additional things done to it I believe to make it pass california law.

I have a friend who, oddly enough, during hot august nights (classic car shows nonstop, parades on the main strip in Reno, etc) said his friend got a ticket for something to do with the exhaust on a 57 chevy.. But that's 'he said she said' etc, and dont know all the details, or even if he was just talking out his a.s.s.. So take it with a grain of salt.

Seth

Silver Member

Post Number: 728
Police officer to remove lights and sirens unlawfully installed or operated. A police officer shall remove and destroy or cause to be removed and destroyed, all red, blue, or amber lights and all sirens unlawfully installed or operated.

That's what NRS 484.493 (which he wrote the ticket for) actually says... Here's a link to the previous post.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/189681.html

Username: Roberts

Redmond , WA USA

Post Number: 1
You desrved it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 753
Deserved the ticket? lol.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 276
Here in Illinois they banned them as soon as they came out. That was neon, I don't know about LEDS though..Polo.

Silver Member

Post Number: 759
I'm sure if Neon is banned, LEDs are too, as generally speaking, the law is more vague in terms, and would probably be written using hte term illumination (or lights) for anything other than visiblity aid, etc. or some crap like that, as to ban everything even close to neon, not just neon, so someone couldnt just put something that'st he same, but 'technically' different.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us