Username: Mrbass

Long beach, California United state

Post Number: 1
i think by far is the best clean subs out there

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 646
well they're not even at stores yet so it's hard to tell exactly what they are like. i'm sure they will be good b/c JL audio doesn't make garbage.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5236
yeah where have you hrad one?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1155
i think release dates all depend. guy at my HiFi buys in atlanta said they still have like 300 or so W3v2's, so the W3v3's won't be avaliable until they get rid of most of the V2's.

idk if thats how it will be with all stores though.

but the JL rep that deals with the HiFi Buys didn't sound too enthused about them. lol

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5653
"but the JL rep that deals with the HiFi Buys didn't sound too enthused about them. lol"

Hmm, wonder why? Everything they've come out with recently has been excellent, from the ZRs to the W1v2s, and obviously the W6v2s amd W7s are excellent. I don't see how they could be worse considering that they're more an engineering update (DMA analysis and motor optimization) than anything. Cosmetically they'll be different, but other than that IDK. Maybe they are changing the intended application of the subs?

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5243
I don't know why that jl rep would ever say such a thing but the tech's at JL that I have been talking to about them rave about them. They even went as far as saying there wasnt much of a difference between them and the w6v2. The reason I am interested in them is because the new stealth box they made for my truck houses the new 13w3v3.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5655
Maybe he's a fan of the classic JL look (black cone, JL Audio in the dustcap), and the W3v2 is the last of that breed. Or just sentimental, who knows? I'm all for it, it was a needed update considering the rest of the product lineup has gotten a facelift. I think JLs methods speaks a lot of the company, continuous improvement. Everything just gets better and better.

Bronze Member
Username: Alexander7123

Old Lyme, CT USA

Post Number: 11
Hmm i doubt anyone knows, but any one want to venture at a price range ?

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5245
they are prob going to stay in the same range $200-$300

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 651
i like the old school look w/ the white Jl logo in the dust cap. i had no idea they were comin out w/ a v3 i just bought 3 12w3v2 over the summer and i don't plan on replacing them anytime soon. and whats w/ JL going to 13" i guess they want to be really different than the other companies.

Bronze Member
Username: Alexander7123

Old Lyme, CT USA

Post Number: 12
They sell the W7 in a 13.. so its not a complete first.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5248
and the w6v2

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5657
and the W1v2 :-)

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1158
idk, thats just what a buddy of mine at hifi buys said about them when i asked him about them. he thought that was odd too.

changing all the cones the same is going to make it how it was a while back, everything looks the same when mounted, have to look at the gaskets or magnets to tell which model you are looking at, lol. (exception being W7 with the roll over and W1v2's white cones of course).

as far as the 13 inch woofers go, i really don't know why they make them in that size. i know the 13w7 has comparable cone area to most 15's with as much or more excursion too, and doesn't lose any cone area because of the surround due to the over roll deal, but the others do. once the w3v3's completely replace the w3v2's, there will be no more 15's from JL.

is there something in sound reproduction or physical construction that makes a 13 better then a 15??

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5659
They may continue to make the 15W3 as a specialty driver for SPL competitors, who knows? Or maybe they'll come out with a dedicated SPL sub.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2155
id love to see a JL SPL sub... its prolly be crazy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us