Md napalms

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 637
i was at a spl comp yesterday and there was this guy with 2 prototype md napalms, and man they were loud as crap.i was on the other side of the gym and when he played his system, i thought it was the 1 in front of me. i talked to the owner who was part of team md, and he said he helped engineer the sub. they are even coming out with a 23" sub. and going 2 the spl comp gave me an idea of how many db's i want. and i want about 155.but i just thought u guys might want 2 know about the prototype napalm. oh btw this jeep hit 150db with 2 alpine type s subs. i couldnt beleive it. he had a snail shell box, so i guess the are good

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1898
yea those napalms supposed to be loud as F***, ppl say MD is like the twin of DD

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 639
oh and they were in a prefab box. the team md guy said he's put about 8000 watts to each of them

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1843
so ur going for 155 alex ? what subs and amp you gonna try it with ?

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 168
150 with two Type S??? Holy sh1t I wouldn't expect that the Type S 12" I have isn't loud at all

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1845
yep its possible lol...that guy from tcab i think his name is mark got 2 12'' type s's to 150

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 640
well, i think i might try to get a ho alt. first. it might be hard 2 find 1 for my 85' ranger though. i would like dd subs or md subs. maybe a orion 2500 or a autotek 3000.1 actually a md sidewinder 12" hit 140 there. and its only $160. lol and this truck had 2 15" audiobauhn subs with the dub grills, and hit 126

Bronze Member
Username: Jarvocop

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 77
No they were type r's marc used wasnt it? And the 23" one is like the MD hellfire i think.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 601
The Hellfires will be available in a 23" but that will not be until sometime next year. MD is a fledgling company with big things to prove and I think they did a great job at Meca finals last year that is why I joined Team MD and will be running 2 12" napalms with either 1 or 2 Autotek MM4000.1 all in the trunk of a civic.

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 642
u joined team md? do u know the guys name who went 2 carl caspers show in louisville? hes the 1 who had 2 napalms and a autotek amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 603
It is probably Jimmy Mitchell. He is the designer of the woofers. Was the setup in a Geo?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2168
link to MD site by chance? i sware ive been to their site before but it might have been something else...

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 643
www.mdcaraudio.com yea, i think it was a geo. it had hifonics logo's on it. and it was blue.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1395
The Geo? I think it's on RoE!

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1851
jarvo hes done 150 with r's and numerous occasions and yeah hes got the type s's to 150 too

Silver Member

Post Number: 604
1 12" MD sidewinder hit 147 and some change on th TL at carl casper off of a mm4000.1 at 2ohms. Mind you that is the entry level woofer rated at 300rms.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2171
wow, just a tad underrated huh? how was the VC after that?

and thanks for the link guys, idk why it doesnt come up on yahoo... but i remember the site now... idk how i got there before....

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2172
wow, just a tad underrated huh? how was the VC after that?

and thanks for the link guys, idk why it doesnt come up on yahoo... but i remember the site now... idk how i got there before....

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2173
sorry bout that...

Bronze Member
Username: Jarvocop

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 78
I've never even seen marc do work with type s's, on his site the vid of his type r's in the blazer is pretty amazing tho.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us