Eclipse Ti Pro vs. RE MT

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1519
Ok guys, it's about time to dust off the checkbook and get my birthday present on it's way. I've got two DA7232 amps (4,000 watts RMS) strapped to two 15" Ti Pros. I'm looking for an upgrade...

How does the MT compare to the Ti Pro? I'm looking at the 18" versions. I know their both SPL oriented, but the Ti Pro honestly has pretty good SQ (for an SPL woofer).

Hopefully by the end of summer I'll be getting two Zapco 4kw's (currently working with the dealership here to get a decent price).

Thanks guys!

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 752
you are one rich muthafcker

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 540
just curious but why the upgrade? I bet ur system right now hits insanely loud lol. have u got it metered?

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 587
2 18 inch treo CSXs and two sapco 4kws would be crazy.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 588
2 18' treo CSXs and 2 zapco 4kws would be extremely loud.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 589
sorry...didnt think the 1st one posted.

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1817
jake just go ahead and get 4 18'' mt's and get it over with lol

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1818
''I've got two DA7232 amps (4,000 watts RMS) strapped to two 15" Ti Pros. I'm looking for an upgrade... ''

gah i wish i was able to say that

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5814
get these then

http://ozaudio.com/oz/oz_prod_power.htm

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 593
what about just getting 2 more TI pros? that would save money and be alot louder.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2075
id go for 4 subs with 2000w rms each. digital designs 9915s.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1807
get a shiz load of exodus audio subs....INCRIMINATOR AUDIO
Mass destruction car audio

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 152
JACKHAMMER!!!! j/p :P

Gold Member

Post Number: 1520
I'm thinking 18" RE MT now that I've really thought about it. And no, it's not metered. No need... I just like turning heads. I don't listen to it THAT loud! What can I say? I love cars/stereos/girls...

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2097
one 18 inch MT? that would be a downgrade... i definetly think you should get DD 9915s though lol.

with all that money buy a damnn digital video camera and put a clip on the realm of some serious flexing lol.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1822
jake u forgot other things u like example: weed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1522
No, I'm talking two 18" MT's. I don't have room for more than two subs... An 18" SPL setup is REALLY pushing my space limitations... And I'm too busy for the videos/pictures. Maybe this summer. The Jeep is in hibernation right now anyways...

BTW: I'm done with weed. I'm swamped with work right now, it'll probably be mid-summer by the time I catch up enough to have a social life anymore...

(Envisions 2 Zapco 4kw and 2 18" RE MT's and cruising around baked...)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1523
And Chauncey Brown: you seem to recommend OZ Audio a lot. How are they compared to RE and Eclipse? Good customer support? Warranty? Build quality? I want something that will last a long time and I won't have to sweat it when I get knob-happy and turn the dial up a wee bit...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1524
And the same for DDAudio?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1525
I keep coming up with more questions... Wish they'd stop popping up in my head. I'm willing to try something new, trying to steer away from Eclipse (build quality is going to sh1t) and I'm willing to give these smaller companies a chance.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5835
Oz Audio Matrix components, absolutely fantastic speaker sets. And yes, they're up to par with the Dyns, Focals, etc., they are the ONLY component set that scored a perfect score in IASCA finals. I think it was in 1995 or 1996 cant remember

^^Theres ur quality

Never heard any of the power series, but there matrix series are sum of the best subs made for the price...They get very loud while maintaining very good sq..Im almost sure those power series subs will not dissappoint, plus it will give u that sleeper factor because, nobody really uses them, peoples mouths will drop when they hear them

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5651
"Oz Audio Matrix components, absolutely fantastic speaker sets. And yes, they're up to par with the Dyns, Focals, etc., they are the ONLY component set that scored a perfect score in IASCA finals. I think it was in 1995 or 1996 cant remember"

Oz fibbed on that one. It wasn't their 6.5" comps that were used in the car that got the perfect 40, their 12" sub was AP'd through the trunk floor and was part of a system that scored a perfect 40. That car was actually using Protech speakers if I remember correctly, eventually they swapped them out for Oz speakers, but that was after the Perfect score. The car was a Lemans. Aside from that, the car was a back seat driver, steering and all controls were relocated to make it work, speakers were so far forward that it was the install that made it score so well.

Aside from that, great equipment. Don't know why Oz lied about it as they're quite good. Very similar to Dynaudio in overall sound, very smooth and laid back.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2137
those oz components arent bad on your wallet either. sumin like 300 on ebay i think it was. but idk if they would be loud/bright enough for my tastes. if they are really smooth they might be too smooth for me, i like a really bright tweeter. i still dont know what i'll end up getting for components yet.

jake- how is eclipses build quality getting bad? and is it just their subs. i hope theiur HUs are still great because i like their new lines like the avn7000 with the upgrade for like EQ pro and stuff. its sweet!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1530
Trevor: it's mostly their HU that have taken a fall. I don't think the build quality on the subs has changed, but I'm sure they're next...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us