Blew my 15

Bronze Member
Username: Darkale85

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 81
Hey i have or should i say had a 15" memphis sub in a small walmart box well i parraleld the coils so it was running at 1 ohm cause i think it was dual 2 ohm coils and i bridged the amp so i was ridein down the road and the bass hit hard and my lights flicker real bad and then my bass just stoped i pulled over to find out that my 15 was blown do u think it was to much power or what im just trying to figure out what happend thanks

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 382
what kind of amp and sub?

Bronze Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 82
well amp is an audio art 100hc which is rated at 1100 watts at 1 ohm and my sub is an memphis but i cant tell what kind because i havent seen any that look like it

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5172
my bet would be clipping!

Bronze Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 83
whats that?sorry im new to this

Bronze Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 38
Clipping is the term used when your sub is asking for too much power that your amp just cant put out. But what you described sounds more like you may of just blown a fuse so check them all. If your amp is clipping your sub should still put out sound and at lower volume. Is your amp powering up?

Bronze Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 84
no i blew the sub cause the coils are seized but by the way i did some thing only a newbie would do and my fuses kept poping in my inline fuse and i put a wire in where the fuse belongs so i could hear the sub without it poping a fuse and i had a bass cd in and it hit real low then it just kinda stoped

Bronze Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 39
that sucks hope it wasnt an expensive sub, im on my 4th 15 in the past 6 months so i know how it feels when they blow

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1316
let me ask you 1 question....
Do you have a high output alternator?
Alan & Matt??

Alan
You clipped the hell out of those subs man, thats why they fried. your amplifier had too little current to even amplify anything, so it sent a DC signal to your subs, instead of a clean AC signal.

Get a new sub it may play for a day or a week, but the problem will keep redoing it self! untill the alternator takes a big shh!t & turn everything off!

Bronze Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 85
ooo so what i need to do if i keep that amp is go with a much bigger out put alt?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1321
yes!
www.excessiveamperage.com

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 637
how old was your sub and how long have you had it w/ that amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »