Check Out the OLDSCHOOL gear!

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 73
http://audioforum.termpro.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/38/t/021500.ht ml

i sure dont remember any of this but maybe some of u veterans do

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11172
more oldschool goodness
http://www.glasswolf.net/caraudio/

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1307
I notice that CV makes a LOT of appearances in all of those pics hehehe. Go Cerwin Vega!!!

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 621
i started out with cerwin vega speakers that were 15 years old. the subs blew though

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1311
Well, after 15 years of probably abuse, the poor things finally laid to rest.

That just goes to show though, 15 years is a LONG time to get loud quality sound from ANY speaker. Cerwin Vega's generally need to be refoamed after 12 years, which by that time the "innerds" have started to soften and so forth, which means it's time for new...

Still, with a lifetime warranty, they can't be beat for such good prices.

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 622
i actually replaced the vega's with duals, then i upgraded 2 jl's

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11177
for the record, all 4 of the CV subs in those pics (my pair and the pair I put in my friend's accord) are still working.
mine are date stamped 1989, and his were stamped 1991 if I recall.
never had the surrounds replaced, never been reconed.

Bronze Member
Username: Kravenblood

Ohio

Post Number: 36
i love my cerwin vega first one was a 12" XL series i think 1996 it was 250 watts max me and a friend put around 400 rms through it played for like a month that way then stopped working untill we pushed the dust cap in and played that way. till we sold it. Then i had a steath seires 3 12" sealed it didnt sound good but ported it slamed. Then i had vega seires 10 then a 12 then 2 10 then a hed 12. now i stroker 15 hopefully by this summer ill have a stroker pro 15. i have those 10 i just got back from a friend i sold them to, they need reconed and crap cause they blew the screws out of the box and he just kept playing em that way he didnt care, im getting them rebuilt for a ht sub any ways i liked the screws the vega series came with also with the allen wrench heads any way as you can see i love Cerwin Vega never went wrong with them yet my home theater is Cerwin Vega also

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1317
Ok, the surround thing was a general presumption lol. And that's on the home audio speakers anyways. But eventually those surrounds WILL need replaced. Treated foam doesn't last forever...

My HT system (if you can call it that because it's in "stereo") is a pair of CV V-12F's. I watched part of Lord of the Rings (each speaker is getting 60W RMS, but can handle about 150W RMS when I get a power amp) and the bass output was amazing. I was watching The Two Towers. And the beginning where Gandalf is fighting that demon thing, wow, low end shook the room like crazy. Sounded a LOT better than a movie theater.

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 631
heres my current stereo/hometheatre. 2 jbl's, each with 2 15's and a horn. the amp is pushing 400 to each.

Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 632
it gets loud, and sounds nice. it would be better if i had a good sub with it.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11179
yeah two of the ones in my link (the accord) were XL12D models, and mine were the previous models.. the LE12D

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1319
Eek, those are monitor-type speakers...Not exactly meant for HT or even home sound use at all. At least from the pics they look like that.

They're meant for concert/band useage, as they are highly efficienct and meant to play loudly with minimal sound quality. In fact, all your gear is DJ/studio/concert gear lol.

Although, anymore, a poweramp is a poweramp, as they are used widely, but your mixer and such definitely isn't a standard graphic equalizer.

Still, looks good.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1320
Upload
Upload

There's a couple of (low quality) but updated pics of my system. Sony's are used for more referencing with flat sound and flat material, until I can afford a pair of Infinity Primus 160's.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1321
They're CV V-12F's, and the cones aren't blue, it's just my stupid camera, as it only takes pretty good pics with pure natural light.

I kind of wish I had bought the V-15F's as the mid-range is of higher quality as well as the tweeter. The magnet structure on the 15" model is also more impressive and the frequency response and power handling go down 2Hz and up 50W RMS.

They V-12F's are, however, linear to about 0.6" of excursion. Pretty impressive for a pair of home speakers. My Volfenhags were only "supposedly" linear to 0.5".

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5139
I used to love CV, back in the late 80's early 90's they could not be beat:-) CV, old rockford,soundstream,ppi,hifonics,orion they were all much better companies back then. I thought things were supposed to get better with age and expierience? I guess not. It really stinks that making another buck became too important then making excellent products.

Anonymous

I like alex setup better tyler has like 20 speakers.....

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1327
Anon. I only see 6 speakers...

James, CV's car audio line from before I'm not familiar with, but the new stuff I wouldn't say is bad or anything, just not up to par where it should be. Their home gear, however, has hardly changed at all as far as the basic concepts behind their drivers and such, and that's a good thing, as really, you can't ask for much more. Kind of like people asking about the JL W6&7's. Don't fix what isn't broken lol. CV is also one of the few remaining brands of speakers that offers onboard tone controls, how about that? It's a rarity today to find them!

Yet again, Anon. I have 6 speakers in that pic. I used to have a monstrosity of speakers, and that was pointless, but I've gotten rid of some, blown one pair, and just saved others. Those are the two sets of systems I use at the moment (separately). One for SQL, and one for referencing.

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 139
ahhh the good ol days......

by the way nice set up alex
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us