SPL or SQL for rap/hip hop music

Anonymous

SPL or SQL for rap/hip hop music

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2166
Depends largely on the artist(s), producer, and technician mixing the tracks. Some producers intentionally add what is technically distortion. Muddy kicks, or filtered samples and voices aid in what they attempt to convey. Others like Dre try as hard as possible to make a sample from a recording sound like the original production (hard enough to do recording instruments live).
SQL for some means a sub that gets loud but has the capability of sounding just like whatever instrument it's attempting to mimic. Others mean a sub that doesn't sound like flatulence on every down beat. Something that sounds good, loud, and deep. I personally say SQL because I've grown out of the "loud, good, and deep" phase. I'm more of an aggressive listener who's into trying to attain sonic mastery (ambitious I know :-) ).
There are not much dynamics in (what I consider) the "stuff" on the radio. So any good spl sub would do most listeners very well. SQL subs can sometimes be a bit too accurate and not quite boomy/loose enough for some. Install plays a large part in your result also.
But I think the SQL goes farther, because they are still capable of playing adequate low bass while maintaining the ability to play accurately as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us