Head Unit Problems

Username: Jryan781

Post Number: 8
Last weekend we had some cold weather (about 15-20 degrees at night) and when I went out to my car in the morning all my pre-set stations, bass and treble settings, and time were gone. I had to re-program everything. I had this problem for about 3 mornings in a row. This morning when I left for school everything worked fine (temperature was a little warmer than past mornings), but when I got out of school today at 2:00 in the afternoon all my pre-set settings were gone. It was probably about 45 degrees when I got out of school. At first I thought maybe the cold weather was causing problems with my battery. The car starts fine and the head unit works fine. I never had this problem until the cold weather started. Is the problem with my head unit or the battery? If its the battery, is there a certain type of battery that can withstand colder temperatures?

Bronze Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 97
I don't think it's anything to do with the cold weather affecting your head unit, or the battery. In winter it here it gets to -30 or -40 celcius quite often during the night, and I've never had that happen. And if your battery wasn't putting out enough power to keep your presets, there's no way it'd have enough to start the car.

Username: Jryan781

Post Number: 9
I think I found the problem. I opened the hood of my car today and noticed that my positive batttery terminal was corroded. Im going to clean it off and a guy at the local auto parts store told me about some stuff that I should spray on my battery terminals to prevent corrosion. I'll buy that and hope it fixes the problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us