Pioneer sub purchasing anyone use them??

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 377
Ok, I plan to get my subs on Friday I am looking at getting the Pioneer Priemer 12" TS-W3002SPL

2076_4061_153020681%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/deta il/0,,2076_4061_153020681,00.html

This is a step down from the world record holding subs...does ANYONE on this site USE these subs? I have yet to talk to anyone who does...if not...I will purchase these subs...and let everyone know how..or how not..they pound..

thanks!

Anonymous

pioneer subs = ghey

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 380
yep..thats why they hold the world record for spl...stoopid Anon

Right link

2076_4061_232689560%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/deta il/0,,2076_4061_232689560,00.html

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 381
yep..thats why they hold the world record for spl...stoopid Anon

Right link

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4061_232689560,00.h tml

Bronze Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 71
I bet they're loud but prolly sound like sh.t, of course i shouldn't say a word because i have never heard them :D

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1115
They must hold the new record, cause TREO had the record about 3 years ago!

"Numerous SPL records, including the Overall World Record of 177.6 dB set in November this year at the dB Drag Racing World Finals in Nashville."

I would still pick TREO, it will sound 10x better. =D

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1116
Upload

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1117
Thats a whoopin of that a$s. lol
That score...

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 382
I am going for an SQL set up and I have not heard of Treo before nor the compnay for that matter...I know most peopel will reccomend RE...but I am not most people!!...I am in Canada and besides a few companies (Alpine, Kicker, JBL, Rockford, Sony, Phoenix gold, Fusion, Hetz, Pioneer) you cannot buy very much else local.

I need a sub that can handle 1000rms and be 12" as I am going for 2 12" (Street B) that will be run off a Dark Blue 1000.2..I have never heard the Pioneer sub before...so I thought I might give it a try.
And serioulsy, to me so far a ported sub sounds like a ported sub (sealed sounds better to me..but im not going for awesome sounding bass as I would have gotten some Helix subs or somthing)...my friend had 2 Sony Xplods ported and I had 2 Type R's and besides the Alpines sounding louder I could not tell the difference in SQ between them.
Also I dont plan on sitting in my car listening to it with upwards of 145db and expect it to sound good...I plan to compete!!

IdBL Scott nailed 178.8 dB the highest ever recorded in IdBL.
In dB Drag, Scott won the Extreme 5+ class with an incredible 176.6dB

So 177.6 in DB drag cannot have been hit (unless a lower category)...or it would STILL be the world record.

Anonymous

If your looking to compete in street b your sub will be in a huge azz port. you still shouldnt buy pioneer!

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1118
Team BS took home the crown in dB Drag Racing's Extreme 13+ class by recording a 177.6 dB score on their final run. The second place team, Team Pure Sounds of Ozark, Missouri recorded a score of 175.0 dB. In the realm of dB Drag Racing Extreme vehicles, 2.7 dB is a wide margin. In their previous run Team BS had recorded a score of 177.7 dB.

Thats enough of that; I will recommend 2 TREO SSX if you can afford them, but they take 2500rms each!
Your better off getting 2 TREO SSI subs. They also can take tripple their RMS value. Call see if they ship em to ya!
www.TREOONLINE.com

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 383
Well 2 subs at that matter...and yeah I plan to use the whole trunk so port size is no matter.

I still dont see why I shouldnt buy them? Only thing I've heard so far is...."dont buy them" not any facts or anything to back it up, seems like all of these do not buy pioneer premier are soley based on brand prefernces and the HYPE of what everyone is buying...grow a pair and get some facts out, and dont flow with what others tell you!!

I guess I will just buy them and see how they handle, they are only 299 a piece...if they blow and sound bad...I will sell and try somthing else!
I havn't found ANY subs locally that can handle 1000rms...these are it!

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 384
2500 rms each may not be for my application...I have a sponsor Audissy (Helix, Brax, Sinfoni) and I will be getting the biggest amp they have 2000rms....so 2500 rms is outa my league!...lol

well that score was in extreme 13+ mine was in 5+!

I will check ok the line for sure though!!

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1120
RMS means nothing, when comparing to a GOOD sub company. A good company can afford to rate a sub at 400rms, where as the other company would rate that same sub at 1200rms.

I just dont want you to buy some crap, when you can get better for the same price. Me personally I would pick RE over that Premier sub. I have nothing against RE, Im NOT on the bandwaggon.
If I had a choice, I would pick my TREOS all day EVERY day. =D

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1121
Those TREO SSI are rated @ 750 rms, They will LAUGH at 1500 rms...
Get 2 SSI 12s, and WIN the competition in your class, nuff said!

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 389
Well Im glad your enthused about Treo! If I had a chance to listen to them I totally would...But I dont think I would make a purchase and not get a chance to listen to them..or anythign from them for that matter...I have never seen a TREO sub in any ones car even at the car shows!..seen RE though

Well if they rated the subs @ 400rms...when they really mean 1200rms...aint that a bad thing? if you give it 300% LESS the reccomened power..I dont see that as being good...I understand rating a Sony or Audiobahn @ 9800rms as a bad thing.

But I figure I will give the Premier's a try...If I likeem in my car I like em!..if Not POOF I have a little bro who has friends who buy stuff cause its loud...lol, I'll get my money back for sure if they are not for me!..and If I had more cash I would be getting the $899 premier sub as they are banging loud!....lol

thanks for the input though!

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1122
Upload

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1123
no problem man; those Treo are hard to get a hold off, I like them that way.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5570
B
- hows bout giving Treo a call (or ur local Treo dealership) & let them sponsor ur ride . Would be truly awesome & u get free stuff .....Upload....

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1128
Rovin, all of that is part of the plan. My boi Ronnie got 2 18s from TREO 2 years ago! Rovin Im going to give TREO a call this week.
Hell I might as well work for them...

Bronze Member
Username: Clacla100

Tallahassee, Fl US

Post Number: 73
I just installed a pioneer premier the other day for a friend. They can be loud subs but for 299 they dont have that much sq compared to other brands.

If your looking for a sql sub i would go with something like an eclipse ti, arsenal, re se, you could only get one for around 300 but i would take one of those over 2 premiers.

If you can only choose from the brands you listed earlier i would either go with alpine or fusion. My friend had a pair of fusions. They can hit and with decent sq. I was surprised.

Overall the pioneers arnt that bad if your more from spl. They should kick but just consider everything before you go out and buy pioneer.

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 392
I am aiming for loud as I will be competing in Street B....I had Alpine Type R's, I didnt want to give them over 2x their rms rating and over double their max...(500rms they were rated at)
Yeah I checked out the fusions, havn't heard a set of em.

Plus I am paying 239 per sub (allready got a part deal)...but I am going to get em cheaper cause thats how I roll. Plan on paying 400-450 taxes and everything for the pair. and seeing as how thats Canadian also...I think thats very, very cheap compared to about $350 when convereted form the US to Canadian dollar.

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 393
*BUMP*
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us