Bass Knobs

Bronze Member
Username: Bies08

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 51
So i have an alpine MRD-M605. I used to have my friends Rockford Fosgate in it. I got used to the bass knob that rockford puts in with them amp. I went to my local car audio ppl and they said that i had to run it through my RCA's. ON the amp it has an "Amplifier link" isn't that for knob? I dont want to have to run it through the RCA's...if i can't just hook it up to the amp then i'll just go without it.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 373
The "amplifier link" is for connecting 2 mrd's together to increase power output.

Bronze Member
Username: Bies08

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 52
so i'd have to run my bass knob through my rca's?

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 940
well the bass knob usualy has a place of its own

but if you dotn have a head unit yet look into one of the better pioneer/premier head units bc they have the bass controll in the HU...and im not just talking about bass for all spekaers like most head units have. the higher end pioneer/premier have an actual "subwoofer control" which would be used the same way as a bass knob

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 607
alpine is the same way they have the bass engine system which allows you to adjust the bass on just the subwoofers it's a cool feature you can even set the FQ that you want boosted more. so you could set the HU to boost bass FQ at high or lower bass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us