Another sub queston from me.... (hopefully the post shows up this time)

Bronze Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 74
So i can get a xxx 15 for less than 50 bux more than an sx 12, so obviously i am gonna get the 15, but i am guessing its gonna eat my amp alive, would it do decently off of 1200 rms, i will probably upgrade the amp down the road but will put the 1200 to it just to get it up and running for a while.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2126
1200w daily on an XXX15 is good.
they can take more, but they will perform pretty darn well off 1200wrms.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
sorry bout double post :D...

Yah i think 1200 is gonna be more than enough for me, especially when you consider my current system which is about 400 rms...

Now to come up with the cash for that amp and a HO alternator lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
OK, i am really really clsoe to buying this sub, but i have 1 last, possibly justifiable concern. It took me a while but i just realized who the guy i am buying this from is, he's that guy who has the videos up on realm of excursion with the 6 xxx's and twin 300 amp alts etc, heres a link:
http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/Resonant%20Engineering/xxx15.12.wmv

Do you think the sub might have been pushed to hard or anything/not be good mechanically (he hasn't responed to my pm inquiring about this yet)???? Thanks, i need some input here...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
Actually it says he's using 3 SS tarantulas which, correct me if i'm wrong, push 2000 rms apiece so thats 1000 rms per sub right???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us