Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 543
^^^ditto. their subs especially suck. especially that jackcrapper

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 431
i only like the 8500 or the 9500. but my 2 12 inch comp vrs beat the 8500 because mine hit a lot lower, and gives better bass.

how do you know the jackcrapper sucks pelon?

Silver Member

Post Number: 546
everybody knows it sucks. ask anybody on this forum. it sucks in spl and especially sq.

Silver Member

Post Number: 547
i just got my 2 12"cvr too with an old kicker zr360 amp. its the old comps that are all black. and i dont think they hit thaat low.

Anonymous

Sad thing is everyone says the JackHammer sucks or it Doesn't sound good. Yet they have never heard one before. I'm curious how people can be experts and claim to know everything about a product that they have yet to hear? Everyone seems to know everything about it since they saw it on PMR. We all know that was not a practical install for that sub. If you are a true installer or car audio fanatic you know that. I'm not saying it's the best sounding sub ever or loudest, well cuz I have yet to hear one (just like the rest of you). So please stop giving advice to things to which you know nothing about. MTX makes some great products, yes in the past their subs and speakers have sucked. I own a T9510-44 hooked-up to an 801D and damn does that thing sounds clean and get's loud. So I would have to disagree with most of you and say that MTX does make some good product.

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 179
Well for someone like you have havent really heard a great system. So you only compare everything to your 9500. Now I am not saying MTX is horrible, but it just isnt the greatest. The performance level of them may come up to your par but not to others.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1758
^^^agreed
also SQ depends on the listener, i personnaly have heard a couple 4500's in a ported box and it sounded pretty clean, got pretty loud but not loud enough for me.

lol also every1 has a different name for the jack hammer
crap hammer
jack crapper
cracker jacker
jack offer

Username: Thunderforce

Netherlands

Post Number: 1
If you want a good sub for a nice price take a 7500.
Ive had 8 7512-44s in a car in a ported wall.
The sounded great and where very LOUD, they broke the windshield lol.

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1588
instead of having 8 of those...i would have got 4 15's...heck maybe even 2 good 15's instead of 8 of those

Netherlands

Post Number: 2
New project is with 4 9512-44s

Netherlands

Post Number: 3
Next project is with 4 9515-44s and 8 1501Ds

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1591
that would be crazy sql

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1592
but theres no way id ever do it...you can get better subs than that for cheaper

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 676
i have 2 10" 7500's and i would have to say that they get very loud but they dont sound that great i would not buy them again for the price i would buy them for about 50 bucks a piece then they would be worth it

but i would have to agree with the anon above and say you guys cant talk abvout the jackhammer because you havent heard it im not saying its good or not but just saying dont judge it would i pay that money for it or even want it no i would not but it has to be some what good

but i will say that mtx does make good amps especially for the money

Anonymous

Your right Cameron I have yet to hear a "really great system", but I'm confused... at what point did I compare anything to my 9500? All I said is that it sounds clean ad get's loud. I never said MTX is the best ever and no one will ever make better products than them. I think we can all agree that there are many great brands out there, but it's all subjective to each one's personal taste. I just don't like when people give opinions about a product that they themselves have not used or experience. Would you ever listen to someones opinion about a certain product who has never delt with it hands on? I know I would not, and thats all I was trying to say. I was not trying to offend anyone in anyway and I apoligise if I did.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5510
He 6 has a valid point about ppl saying jackhammer sux & no1 here ever heard it

But i think what ppl meant by saying it sux is the idea/functionality/costs behind it

Costs 6 Gs , weighs over 300 pds , 6000wrms & is over 22" tall - imagine the size of box needed & when u make it u have 2 use a forklift 2 put it into ur ride .
6 Gs will get u a WAY better setup that should be a whole lot more practical & prolly sound better - IMO ....

Bronze Member
Username: Miriamrowland

Ft. drum, New york Us

Post Number: 49
in my old car i had mtx black gold componets (front&rear) an i have yet to hear anyhting better. i don't know if any of yall rember those componets but they bad a@s

Aruman
Unregistered guest
i have 2 of those 9510-44 sealed box powered by an Mtx TA81001 in a toyota corolla and it sounded very clean and very freaking hard, now my next project is top put 4 7512-04 in a seal box power by the same amp, i'll let you guys know how it sound

Bronze Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 95
I bought an 8515-44 before I joined any forum like this. As of now, I wish I could go back and have the $260.90 I paid for it. I'm not going to say its not bad or not loud, I just don't think it's worth the money (seeing I could have an RE SX for that price). And an authorized dealer would sell it for more like $400. As of now, I would only have got the sub if it was more like $180 shipped.

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 678
i would have to agree with colby i want my money back for my 7500's i could have my w6's by now can't wait to sell the old ones and get some new subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us